The June Issue of Genii is Now Alive and Well!

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

The June Issue of Genii is Now Alive and Well!

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 20th, 2019, 1:58 pm

Subscribe, renew, or extend your subscription to Genii today and you can preorder the gigantic “Magicana” book written by Charlie Miller! http://www.geniimagazine.com

Many of you will not have heard of Luis Piedrahita, who is a household name in Spain where he has appeared on his own TV show for many years. He is also, somewhat unexpectedly, a standup comedian—and not unexpectedly he is known more for the latter than the former. Despite his varied talents, his abilities as a magician are not widely known in non-Spanish speaking countries. We’re going to change that this month with John Lovick doing the digging. If you read the digital edition of this issue, you’ll find many videos showing Luis performing amazing coin magic.

The Academy of Magical Arts 51st Awards Ceremony took place in Los Angeles on May 4th, 2019. John Lovick reports, with photos by Taylor Wong.

Columnists aplenty we have this month, with “Cardopolis,” “Panmagium,” “Conjuring,” “Left-Handed” (with video), “Chamber of Secrets,” “Secrets Within Secrets” (with video), “The Expert at the Kid’s Table,” “Magicana” (with video), “The Eye,” and “On the Slant.” John Lovick reviews tricks and Joe M. Turner reviews videos.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

erdnasephile

Re: The June Issue of Genii is Now Alive and Well!

Postby erdnasephile » May 20th, 2019, 3:30 pm

THIS is what I've been waiting for! Piedrahita is the bomb and it's nice to see he is finally getting the Genii treatment.

Ted M
Favorite Magician: Dani DaOrtiz

Re: The June Issue of Genii is Now Alive and Well!

Postby Ted M » May 22nd, 2019, 11:13 pm

Piedrahita is indeed excelente and I look forward to reading the article.

Genii just ain't Genii without book reviews, but Kainoa Harbottle's reviews are worth waiting for. I hope for a double dose of book reviews next month.

Return to “Buzz”