Jared Kopf is On the Cover of the April Issue of Genii

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Jared Kopf is On the Cover of the April Issue of Genii

Postby Richard Kaufman » March 20th, 2019, 11:55 am

Spring brings you the April issue of Genii, The Conjurors’ Magazine; subscribe today at http://www.geniimagazine.com for as little as $35.

Jared Kopf is on Genii’s cover this month. Jared is a Texas boy, the protégée of the prodigiously talented Bob White. Jared is equally talented as a magician, of which he is a professional. But he has not taken the usual path as a performer. In fact, I’m not quite sure what the path is, but it’s successful for him as you learn when John Lovick takes you into the mind of a fortune teller.

In “Conjuring” Jim Steinmeyer presents an intriguing escape from a steel straitjacket. * “Left Handed” chief Jeff Prace delivers an effect by Patrick Kun that would, I know, have fooled me if I hadn’t read the how-to first. You can watch a video of it in our digital edition and get fooled yourself. * David Britland brings you a card effect you’ve never heard of or seen before in “Cardopolis,” and if you play pool you’ll like it even more. * An ongoing series of video essays by Helge Thun begins this month with a wry piece about misdirection. We’ll provide a transcript of the video to go with each column, but it’s best if you watch it. Visual puns abound. * Silks of various colors are used to effect by Jonathan Neal in this month’s installment of “Secrets Within Secrets” and there’s a video as well. * Roberto Mansilla looks to René Lavand’s best friend for thoughts about the great artist in “Artifices.” * Jonathan Pendragon, once half of the most famous illusionist couple in magic, looks to other performing couples for their secrets in “Panmagium.” * If you’re a children’s magician then you’re familiar with the obnoxious ones who call out methods while you’re performing. If you work for drunk adults, then you’re familiar with obnoxious ones who have the same bad habit. David Kaye wrestles with that issue this month in “The Expert at the Kid’s Table.” Reviews of books, tricks, and videos are done this month by Tom Frame, Brad Henderson, and Ryan Matney.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Return to “Buzz”