My Box Of Magic - creators needed :-)

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Nicholas Night

My Box Of Magic - creators needed :-)

Postby Nicholas Night » November 6th, 2018, 5:28 pm

Hey all,

Just wanted to mention a couple of things about my new venture, The Night Academy and our first product, My Box Of Magic http://bit.ly/myboxofmagic.
First of all - there is an opportunity here for creators that fit with the mission... More about that in a sec...

Our son, Jackson, is now 9 years old and interested in magic. Several things occurred to me while showing him some sleight of hand:
1. He wants GOOD magic, not the crappy stuff that is usually labeled "kid magic". Probably a result of having Williamson perform at his 4th birthday party.
2. He and his friend couldn't learn the card sleights because their hands are too small for the deck. Even bridge size.
3. I was having fun inventing new tricks to show him, and teaching him about the history of magic.

I decided that kids need pro quality magic, but presented in a way that holds their attention and fits their hand size - along with their sense of humor. Also, I wanted to extoll the virtues of magic as a STEM activity, character and confidence builder, etc.

So, we just launched a subscription box service for monthly magic lessons and props, as part of an online magic academy. Over 12 months, I'll be creating and curating the best tricks and lessons that any of us would be proud to perform, but taught in a way kids can enjoy. I've also invited some creative friends to be "professors" (not The Professor) at the Academy, including Jim Steinmeyer, Mike Caveney, Jonathan Levit, Jonathan Levit's dad, and John Carney.

If you have an effect that you manufacture, and think it might be a good fit (with attribution and links to your site/info), let me know, cuz I'm buying!
Here is the rub: They need to wholesale under $5 each (that's the high end - $3 to $4 is ideal).

If any of this interests you, reach out via PM. Or, if you just want to help share the project on your social channels, you have my undying gratitude!!

Cheers,
Nick

CraigMitchell

Re: My Box Of Magic - creators needed :-)

Postby CraigMitchell » November 10th, 2018, 9:22 pm

If you haven’t watched the Kickstarter video - do so. Nicholas has assembled some great fresh ideas here - I hope the concept takes off.

Nicholas Night

Re: My Box Of Magic - creators needed :-)

Postby Nicholas Night » November 10th, 2018, 10:05 pm

Thank you for the kind words, Craig!

Return to “Buzz”