Bill Malone and Charlie Frye & Company - Seriously Funny!

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Scott Wells

Bill Malone and Charlie Frye & Company - Seriously Funny!

Postby Scott Wells » September 13th, 2018, 10:47 am

A few of the bright lights in our magic community attended this year's MAGIC Live! even though they were not booked on the schedule. But they just like hanging out with friends and seeing and sharing magic. They included funnymen (and women) Bill Malone and Charlie Frye and Company (Sherry), among so many more.

In this week's podcast, we found an unoccupied office where we recorded a lively conversation with these very funny people. And after a bit of levity, the discussion turned serious (briefly) to talk about handling the "jitters" on stage before your show, working trade shows, performing on international stages with "The Illulsionists 1903", and more. I say the office was "unoccupied", but after a short while, they needed their room back so we had to cut our visit short. But what we have recorded, was gold.

You can watch videos of both Bill Malone and Charlie Frye, see some candid photos, read the blog, listen online to the podcast, and download the MP3 file at: https://www.themagicwordpodcast.com/sco ... nd-company

If you are not aware, we are now on Spotify. So if you have an account and listen to podcasts there, then check us out. Of course that is in addition to Tunein, iTunes, Feedpress and a plethora of other podcast catching methods. Recently we found that our link wasn't updating on Stitcher. Well, that has been resolved and it is now current. Try that method, too, if you are so inclined.

And be sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter. It's brief and won't take up much of your time. It just briefly tells you who is in the current podcast and who's coming next week. We also suggest "Back Tracks" from the archives that are a few of our favorites that you might have overlooked. The sign-up is at the bottom of the page at: https://www.themagicwordpodcast.com/sub ... agic-word/
Visit The Magic Word at http://themagicwordpodcast.com/

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Re: Bill Malone and Charlie Frye & Company - Seriously Funny!

Postby MagicbyAlfred » September 14th, 2018, 11:42 am

Bill is not only hilarious but one of the consummate magicians (and I'm not just talking cards) of the modern age. And a GREAT guy - very thoughtful and kind - who lives and loves Magic. The first time I ever saw Bill perform was when he came to my table at Cafe 66 in Ft. Lauderdale in the mid-nineties. That was the night I changed my entire approach toward magic to a comedic orientation, was motivated to higher standard of excellence in handling, and knew that I wanted to go pro. One of the things he related to me which has stuck with me ever since, was, don't ever start thinking you are "good" and that you are "there," because that will be the beginning of a precipitous decline. He heightened my awareness that you will always have a long way to go and new horizons to achieve.

Return to “Buzz”