Banachek on the JRE Podcast

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Banachek on the JRE Podcast

Postby Joe Mckay » August 29th, 2018, 6:28 pm

This looks fun.

Banachek is the guest on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast.

I am not sure how many of you guys know about Joe Rogan. But his podcast is the most popular in the world among the young folks. His 2-3 hour interviews are always very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9M4DT8nieM

performer

Re: Banachek on the JRE Podcast

Postby performer » August 30th, 2018, 10:13 am

Too much profanity from both the host and guest on that interview. Quite disgraceful.

Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Postby Joe Mckay » August 30th, 2018, 2:17 pm

I almost don't want to watch it. But not for the reasons you give.

Often these kind of informal interviews become quite awkward when you introduce magic tricks to the equation. It changes the dynamic from relaxed to a challenge situation (if that is the way the host decides to play it). It feels demeaning when you have magicians on these kind of shows. Like they have to beg for their dinner by showing a few tricks first. In a way that a comedian, actor or singer would not.

I think these interviews would go better if the magician focused on being interesting instead. And maybe at the very end they could do a little trick. Or leave it out all together and tell everyone to do a search on YouTube.

Being a magician is, in of itself, interesting to laypeople. Most people never get to chat to one or hear one interviewed. It is like hearing a hooker talking about her business. There is plenty of interesting to stuff to talk about without having to start doing tricks in an interview situation. And Banachek has more interesting stories than just about any other magician in magic.

Brian Douglas
Favorite Magician: Max Maven

Postby Brian Douglas » August 30th, 2018, 2:28 pm

People talk to magicians everyday... and then they pay for the pizza.

performer

Postby performer » August 30th, 2018, 2:29 pm

I think he only did one. Not bad for a two hour interview. In actual fact when I am being interviewed I love doing tricks. It is often the best part of the interview. I have even done tricks during psychic interviews! I never hide the fact that I am a psychic as well as a magician. It doesn't make the blindest bit of difference!

Return to “Buzz”