Fundraising Auction August 25th

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Potterauctions

Fundraising Auction August 25th

Postby Potterauctions » August 17th, 2018, 10:33 am

Potter & Potter's August 25th auction of magic memorabilia includes selections from the collection of Bob Swadling, including the teakettle he constructed for use on Paul Daniels popular BBC TV Show. All proceeds from the sale of this lot - and eleven more, including Jon Martin-made apparatus, Hammerton items, etc. - including buyer’s premiums, will be directed to a fund set up in benefit of Sebastian Midtvaage for the costs of his cancer treatment and healthcare.

From Bob:

"I met Sebastian Midtvaage as a student at the age of fourteen. Even at that young age, he demonstrated great skill and accomplishment as a magician. Under my guidance, he progressed further and has become a successful professional magician at just twenty-two years of age.

"Some five months ago, following severe headaches, Sebastian went to the emergency room. Shortly thereafter, he was diagnosed with an aggressive grade-four brain tumor caused by pineoblastoma cancer. A hole was drilled into his skull to release pressure, and brain surgery was scheduled. On July 3, Sebastian underwent an operation which lasted seven hours and was judged to be successful. However, the surgeon advised Sebastian that he must undergo further radiation, chemotherapy, and physical therapy.

"Sebastian’s family has been by his side around the clock, but they are in need of financial assistance. As such, I have decided to auction...items from my collection in benefit of my friend. Among other pieces from my collection, the sale includes the Magic Kettle which my good friend Paul Daniels performed on BBC-TV in 1979. Daniels (1938—2016) passed away on March 17, 2016 from a brain tumor.

"Potter & Potter Auctions has generously offered to present my property at auction in benefit of Sebastian. All proceeds from the sale, including buyer’s premiums, will be directed to a fund set up in benefit of Sebastian Midtvaage for the costs of his treatment and healthcare."

The auction takes place August 25th, and bidding has already begun. The catalog is online here:

http://auctions.potterauctions.com/catalog.aspx

The benefit items are at the end of the sale, lots 455-467.

Questions can be directed to our office: info@potterauctions.com - or with a quick phone call to 773-472-1442.

Thanks in advance to all who help contribute to this worthy cause!

Gabe Fajuri
Potter & Potter Auctions
http://www.potterauctions.com

Return to “Buzz”