"Inside The Magic Castle" Trailer

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
NCMarsh
Favorite Magician: Devant, Wonder, Richiardi, Benson, DeKolta, Teller, Harbin, Durham, Caveney, Ben, Hoy, Berglas, Marceau

"Inside The Magic Castle" Trailer

Postby NCMarsh » July 25th, 2018, 5:00 pm

This began with a conversation with a friend about how I would like to see magic presented on TV (which, with Netflix's massive presence in the primetime Emmy Awards is now more broadly defined than ever).

The heart and soul of magic is the live, in-the-room experience; it is an experience that is profoundly diluted when watched through a screen.

I've long been a fan of concert films like The Last Waltz, Richard Pryor Live at the Sunset Strip, Woodstock, and Louis C.K.'s several self-produced and distributed performance films.

These works cinematically capture the emotional experience, as best they can, of a night of live performance. They point towards live performance rather than pretending to be a substitute for it.

It has worked beautifully for music and comedy, but I have not seen it tried often (ever?) with magic.

I decided that, rather than wait for permission by trying to sell the idea to a production company and having to work within someone else's vision, to go out and make the kind of magic special I would want to see.

Here is the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/q6GZhOk2_Ik?rel=0&autoplay=1&showinfo=0

More info: https://nathancoemarsh.com/the-trailer-for-my-new-film/

The full film will be released shortly.

Best,

Nathan

NCMarsh
Favorite Magician: Devant, Wonder, Richiardi, Benson, DeKolta, Teller, Harbin, Durham, Caveney, Ben, Hoy, Berglas, Marceau

Re: "Inside The Magic Castle" Trailer

Postby NCMarsh » August 6th, 2018, 12:11 am

richardingram

Postby richardingram » August 6th, 2018, 9:14 pm

Lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Steve Hook

Postby Steve Hook » August 8th, 2018, 2:09 am

Thank you, Nathan. I really enjoyed the video and the act. Very good job, dude! The years of shows and practice/rehearsal paid off. I hope you had a fun week.

Tampa / 434 / 528 Steve

Return to “Buzz”