FISM North America Championships Will Be Held in Quebec in 2020

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

FISM North America Championships Will Be Held in Quebec in 2020

Postby Richard Kaufman » March 31st, 2018, 1:38 pm

No dates, just this:

"Testimony By Bradley Jacobs, President FISM NA"
"As President of the FISM North America Executive Board, I enthusiastically endorse the bid of Quebec City to host the 2021 FISM World Championship of Magic. I have watched with interest the homework that Renee and Pierre have done in their preparation to host the WCM and can tell you that they have the experience to do things right. In our meetings they have always asked the right questions providing insight that enables them to deliver on the promise that they are making. It promises to be spectacular.
Please join me in casting your vote for the FISM WCM in Quebec City in 2021. "

And this:
"Part of our organization team are Renée-Claude Auclair and Pierre Hamon co-organizers of the Festival de magie de Québec since 2011, Joan Caesar, founder of the CAM and FISM Canadian representative and Jocelyn Guertin for the Québec City Convention Centre."

To avoid confusion, there are two things going on here. The first is the announcement that the FISM North American Championships (in which you must compete if you want to go on to compete at the next FISM after Busan in 2021) are going to be held in Quebec in 2020.
The second is that Quebec is making a bid to host the 2021 FISM; I believe Spain is the other bidder.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Return to “Buzz”