Can People Learn My Techniques?

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Mahdi Gilbert

Can People Learn My Techniques?

Postby Mahdi Gilbert » March 24th, 2018, 8:51 pm

I'm very curious if people can learn my techniques as I've met a few people who have had injuries or have been born with different types of hands/arms. Also, my techniques use principles that can be used by anyone but are unknown to most card handlers.

I've made a tutorial of my shuffle. Please let me know if it's of any value to you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK6PhZz7__A

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Can People Learn My Techniques?

Postby Richard Kaufman » March 25th, 2018, 1:14 am

An interesting idea, Mahdi. I think it would look unusual for me to do that with two hands, but might work very well if I did it with one hand.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

performer

Postby performer » March 25th, 2018, 8:24 am

I can see potential for all sorts of false shuffling, injogging, keeping cards on bottom, keeping them on top etc; I don't know if you already incorporate that stuff but it doesn't look that hard to adapt it. It could open up a lot of possibilities for you such as card controlling etc;. Maybe you do this already--I wouldn't know. I have seen you perform but I don't remember what the tricks were. 50 years ago I would pay attention to the tricks more than I do now.

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Postby MagicbyAlfred » March 25th, 2018, 10:42 pm

That is some smooth, clean work, Mahdi. Aesthetically pleasing, and the cards are beautiful.

Mahdi Gilbert

Postby Mahdi Gilbert » April 5th, 2018, 10:14 pm

Hi, I have a lot of sleight of hand techniques that I have devised with my genuine card manipulations.

Maybe this will be of interest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhuBAaG7oOw

Return to “Buzz”