Korea...

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Mahdi Gilbert

Korea...

Postby Mahdi Gilbert » March 7th, 2018, 4:02 pm

My good friend Charming Choi is leading the close-up magic scene in South Korea. I met him in 2012 at Escorial in Spain. I was shocked by what a great magician he is. Charming, funny, and extremely likable. He charmed us all. We stayed in touch and he invited me to come to Korea to share my magic with his people. At first I was a little nervous as I had never been to Asia before then but I said Yes and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life.

Unfortunately I cannot post the whole episode on Youtube but SBS gave me permission to upload some videos of my performances so please enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uojyD_ixtTw

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Re: Korea...

Postby MagicbyAlfred » March 7th, 2018, 6:18 pm

Fabulous Mahdi, you and Charming (who does justice to his name) make a great team (next Penn & Teller?). And fantastic reactions from a super-responsive audience filled with people unafraid to have fun and to show their emotions! I can see why you are happy you accepted Charming's invite!

performer

Postby performer » March 7th, 2018, 6:33 pm

I thought it was an L and L audience at first!

Tom Gilbert

Postby Tom Gilbert » March 7th, 2018, 9:04 pm

Nice job Mahdi.

Mahdi Gilbert

Postby Mahdi Gilbert » March 9th, 2018, 12:30 pm

Charming Choi is really one of the great magicians alive today. What he has done for magic in his country is unbelievable and the audience absolutely loves him.

I've only seen him perform close-up but he also tours with a big show all over his country. Really hope more people get to know about him and his magic. Such a pleasure to work with and spend time with and South Korea is a stunningly beautiful country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF_2NrUaQM4

performer

Postby performer » March 22nd, 2018, 4:44 pm

Well, it certainly proves the old adage that the best tricks are the ones that happen in the other person's hands!

Mahdi Gilbert

Postby Mahdi Gilbert » March 24th, 2018, 8:47 pm

I have found very, very simple effects are extremely powerful if you engage the spectator the right way.

Return to “Buzz”