The Magicians of Coney Island, a free event, March 28 in NYC

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Herb

The Magicians of Coney Island, a free event, March 28 in NYC

Postby Herb » March 7th, 2018, 12:07 am

Friends -

Richard Cohn, Mark Mitton, George Schindler and myself will participate in a free event, March 28, looking at the history of Magic at Coney Island. The event will feature performances inspired by notable magicians who performed in the realm of Coney Island's escapist shores, as well as conversation about what has made it such a fertile ground for nurturing the careers of notable magicians. Among the performers whose work will be recognized are David Bamberg, Al Flosso, Horace Goldin, Adelaide Herrmann, Houdini, and Jean Hugard. I am pleased to be moderating the event with three talented magicians who also happen to be extremely knowledgeable about the particular history of the topic at hand. The event will be held at the Brooklyn Public Library, Dweck Center, 10 Grand Army Plaza, Brooklyn, NY.

For more information and to register for free tickets, go to: https://www.bklynlibrary.org/calendar/s ... eck-032818

Herb

Re: The Magicians of Coney Island, a free event, March 28 in NYC

Postby Herb » March 28th, 2018, 9:56 am

Hello Folks - This is tonight. Hope some folks can make it. There will be performances by Richard Cohn, Mark Mitton, George Schindler and myself that illustrate our conversation about the history of magic at Coney Island.

Return to “Buzz”