Michael Ammar on The Can-Am Conjuring Lecture Series

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Evan Shuster

Michael Ammar on The Can-Am Conjuring Lecture Series

Postby Evan Shuster » March 2nd, 2018, 12:52 pm

Michael Ammar is recognized as the world's foremost teacher of magic. David Copperfield calls him "the magicians magician." His book, The Magic of Michael Ammar, became the fastest selling book in magic history.

Michael has given instructional seminars worldwide, crossing all age, language, and distance barriers. Other professionals, including David Copperfield, David Blaine, and Siegfried & Roy have consulted with Michael for their magic.

His television credits include two appearances on The Tonight Show; The Late Show with David Letterman; CNN Headline News; World's Greatest Magic; Travel Channel: Magic of LA; International Magic Awards; The World's Best Magic Tricks EVER; and several appearances on Japanese and Korean television specials.

His ever-growing list of awards includes Magician of the Year; six awards for Best Lecturer from the Academy of Magical Arts; FISM Gold Medal in Close-Up Magic; two awards from the International Magic Awards; the Dragon Award; and West Virginia University's Distinguished Alumni award winner in 2005, for achieving international recognition in his profession.

One of the most recognizable names in magic, and surely one of the nicest guys in the business, it is my pleasure to welcome Michael Ammar back to kick off the 2018 season of The Can-Am Conjuring Lecture Series!

FOR SEATTLE ATTENDEES on March 3rd...
20% Lecture Discount
Join us on March 3rd, at 2:00 PM, and If you renew your membership to the Northwest Ring of Fire that day you will receive a 20% discount on admission to the lecture.
New members will receive a 33% discount off of the general admission price.
Members always receive a discounted admission, to all of our club-sponsored “Can-Am” lectures. Members also have full access to our club library.

March 3, 2018 - Seattle, WA
2:00 PM
Shawn O'Donnell's
122 128th St. SE
Everett, WA
March 4, 2018 - Eugene, OR
3:30 PM
Lane Community College
Building 19, Room 248
4000 E 30th Ave.
Eugene, OR 97405
March 5, 2018 - Calgary, Alberta
7:00 PM
Communitywise Resource Centre
223 12th Ave SW
March 6, 2018 - Winnipeg, Manitoba
St. James Anglican Church
195 Collegiate St. Winnipeg MB, R3J 1T9
March 8, 2018 - Edmonton, AB
Magic Emporium
8840 60 Avenue NW
Edmonton, AB
March 9, 2018 - Mission, BC
7969 Tuckwell Terrace
Mission, BC
March 10, 2018 - Victoria, BC
Attwood Magic Studios
2634 Alderglen Pl.
Victoria, BC V9C 3P5

Bill Duncan

Re: Michael Ammar on The Can-Am Conjuring Lecture Series

Postby Bill Duncan » March 4th, 2018, 2:17 am

I hadn't seen Michael's lecture in years, and went mostly for old times' sake. The lecture today was just as great as the first one I attended, the original Topit lecture tour, "ahem" years ago...

Nobody comes away from an Ammar lecture unhappy, and I left with half a dozen new ideas swirling around in my head.

Would recommend even to old guys like me who think they've seen it all.

Evan Shuster

Re: Michael Ammar on The Can-Am Conjuring Lecture Series

Postby Evan Shuster » March 4th, 2018, 10:57 am

Thanks, Bill! Glad you made it yesterday, and REALLY glad you enjoyed yourself.

Return to “Buzz”