Worthwhile Kickstarter Campaign for Great Chop Cup Set Done with Dice Cups and Dice

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Worthwhile Kickstarter Campaign for Great Chop Cup Set Done with Dice Cups and Dice

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 31st, 2018, 2:08 pm

I asked Dave about this, and he said that the listing on his website was an accident and the item has been removed.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Joe Naud
Favorite Magician: Vernon, Tamariz, Carney, DaOrtiz, Mac King

Re: Worthwhile Kickstarter Campaign for Great Chop Cup Set Done with Dice Cups and Dice

Postby Joe Naud » December 31st, 2018, 4:24 pm

I've got a nice bridge in Brooklyn for sale cheap if your interested.

After nothing but lies from Dave it would be impossible to believe him at this point. He got caught with his hand in cookie jar.

Joe

Roger M.

Postby Roger M. » December 31st, 2018, 5:18 pm

It hasn't been removed.
Forrest is the poster boy for how not to run a Kickstarter campaign.

Ultimately, it looks like his website just sends you to the Kickstarter page as opposed to offering something you can put in a Cart and purchase. Still, sending people to a Kickstarter site with hundreds of the very worst comments I've ever read on Kickstarter does tend to imply a lack of understanding on the part of Forrest.

For all the world, it looks like he's simply run out of funds, and is trying to solicit more in order to complete his obligations.

He may not be outright cheating people in terms of having no intention to deliver ... but he definitely appears to have dug himself into a pyramid scheme, which in some countries is equally as criminal as simply stealing peoples money.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 31st, 2018, 5:43 pm

Most unfortunate, but there is no live option for purchase on the Kickstarter page that I could see.

pabloin us

Postby pabloin us » January 3rd, 2019, 2:24 pm

I would like to announce that I have just received Cubism Maestro in my home. I live in NY, USA. It is Black with red interior
Big box, not sure if it is the same or similar to the one posted on the 11/6 in the Update 25. The BOX is stamped on December 19th 2018, and the sender is Full 52 productions.
I checked the content and everything is in there (does not include the mat as previously informed). 3 cups, one chopped, make of resin with a leatherette on top and felt inside. The 3 cups look the same. The Box that contain everything and a bag with all the dice, too many, I have not checked them against the description because I wanted to provide this update.
The Box is very nice and with care it should last a lot,
Overall I am very satisfied with the final product.
At this time I only hope that this action will continue and everybody else receive their own.

Note: Thank you Richard for helping, always on a positive note

Pablo

Joe Naud

Postby Joe Naud » January 3rd, 2019, 7:47 pm

As noted on the Kickstarter page at the current rate total shipping should be completed in the next 10 years. Can’t wait to get mine. :twisted:

Peace,
Joe

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » January 3rd, 2019, 8:32 pm

For the budget conscious, you can do the same thing with Kirk's Kup: I performed KIRK'S KUP for years. It's a gaffed cup with a secret trap. Three dice, red , white and blue are shown, two tossed in the cup and one in the pocket.

The pocketed dice jumps back to the cup. This happens a couple of times -- then the three dice are thrown into the cup and when tossed out change into one giant die.

You can easily gaff a dice cup for the routine. I don't believe the trick is still on the market. I think it was a Ken Allen trick--don't know who owns the rights today.

Syd

Postby Syd » January 5th, 2019, 12:57 pm

Richard, there is no way creating a post on his website was an “accident.”

At least he responded to you. Maybe you could ask him when he intends to ship these to everyone.

Syd
Syd

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 5th, 2019, 8:45 pm

I can't say whether it was an accident or not, I can only pass on what he told me.
I have no idea what his delivery schedule will be like, but he does seem to be slowly sending them out.
Considering what he's been through, he's to be commended for trying to push through it and complete his commitment.

jwjmcd

Postby jwjmcd » January 23rd, 2019, 1:15 pm

My Cubism Maestro set arrived today.

Joe Naud

Postby Joe Naud » January 23rd, 2019, 2:44 pm

Where are you from?

Thanks, Joe

jwjmcd

Postby jwjmcd » January 23rd, 2019, 3:05 pm

UK I was quite surprised. First class Royal Mail posted yesterday.

Shazzbatt

Postby Shazzbatt » January 29th, 2019, 6:46 am

Wish I’d seen the latest developments in this thread a little earlier today.

As it is, today I decided enough was enough. I’ve been very patient. I’ve tried contacting Dave through a number of channels, all without success. I’m no longer interested in receiving this product. So today I contacted my credit card company (thankfully I used a credit card to fund my pledge) and opened a dispute. They have refunded my money straight away. If you are still waiting for your set and used a credit card to pay I’d suggest you do the same.

If the set shows up now I don’t know what I will do.

Richard Hatch

Postby Richard Hatch » December 21st, 2023, 3:05 pm

Just a note to say that I did receive my Kickstarter Cubism Maestro reward from Dave Forrest today.

Stever Cobb
Favorite Magician: John Calvert

Postby Stever Cobb » December 21st, 2023, 4:40 pm

Wanted to give Dave kudos for honoring this, I received this a few months ago and I was very pleasantly surprised. It was a few years late, but he contacted me and other customers and mailed them out and it’s a beautiful set! I did contact him for a link or video to the routine, and he mentioned something about a link on facebook, but I couldn’t find anything. If anyone can forward a link or video to the routine it certainly would be appreciated.

Not sure what happened with the delay, but the guy made good and it’s given me a little more hope for humanity in the world!

Happy Holidays!

Joe Naud

Postby Joe Naud » December 23rd, 2023, 5:41 pm

How did you contact him? I would like to join you getting my cups.

Peace, Joe

Richard Hatch

Postby Richard Hatch » December 23rd, 2023, 6:45 pm

Joe Naud wrote:How did you contact him? I would like to join you getting my cups.

Peace, Joe

I heard from him at the address cubismmaestro AT gmail.com

Return to “Buzz”