334: A Magical Christmas Carol

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Scott Wells

334: A Magical Christmas Carol

Postby Scott Wells » December 8th, 2016, 10:16 am

It is time for me to offer my annual gift to the magic community. Over the past year I have been accumulating the voices of a couple dozen magicians who read various parts for an abridged script of Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol". It was a lot of fun but a lot more work than I ever envisioned. It was fun work though and I enjoyed every minute of the 30+ hours it took to put it together. In this play you will hear the voices of Marc DeSouza as Scrooge and Dan Garrett as Marley and....well, you will just have to listen and guess as to who the others are. But if you visit the website, you can not only listen to the podcast, but you can see the photos of all those who participated and the roles they played.

Most of you on this forum are knowledgeable magicians and know that Charles Dickens also dabbled as a conjuror having appeared on the Isle of Wight in 1849 as "Rhia Rhama Rhoos, the Unparalleled Necromancer". More on this and a link is provided on the website. And of course he had the great foresight to even title one of his books after one of our modern day wizards, "David Copperfield". :)

Also included in this week's podcast is a link to a video I recently posted which I recorded over 30 years ago. I don't know how much of it you can take, but it was another "labor of love" (of self) that had me interview myself as three separate characters as "The Four Faces of Great Scott". I just felt that this shouldn't be lost in my personal archives. I posted it on this week's blog along with "A Magical Christmas Carol" for selfish reasons: I want to leave this as a legacy for my grandchildren and descendants can listen and see what I once looked like and to hear their ancestor narrate this iconic classic.

You can find it all here: https://www.themagicwordpodcast.com/sco ... tmas-carol

I want to sincerely thank all of those who took the time and were so generous in helping with this project. I hope you all enjoy my offering.
Visit The Magic Word at http://themagicwordpodcast.com/

Return to “Buzz”