"A Fine Li(n)e"

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Rick Maue

"A Fine Li(n)e"

Postby Rick Maue » March 13th, 2016, 10:46 am

Greetings,

As some of you know, my (lack of) health forced me into a premature, medically-induced retirement some time ago. However, not wanting to completely surrender to the situation, I have been working on a new show for more than five years, with the dream of taking it to a few cities and sharing it with some friends. Sadly, that plan is no longer possible. But, I have decided to retool my dream and produce the show in a different way.

Why am I telling you this?

Well, mostly because creating mentalism has been one of my most important and effective medicines throughout my struggles. My first book ("The Book of HauntedMagick") was created solely as a therapy project when I was first starting my journey back from the head trauma I suffered at the hands of a drunk driver. And each project since then has simply been another step along the seemingly endless path to reclaim some parts of my life. In truth, my mentalism/magic/seance projects have probably kept me alive.

With all of that said, I am taking my next big step by presenting my new show, "A Fine Li(n)e", in my home. Basically, it is a very intimate evening of parlor mentalism, magic (with a bit of seance sprinkled in for added flavor), and autobiographic monologue. I have just begun rehearsals, and I have a dear friend flying in from Texas next month to put his "director's eyes" on it. The first public performance is scheduled for May 14th.

Here's the real reason I'm telling you this...

Life will throw many roadblocks in your path. Some will seem impossible to get around...and some will actually BE IMPOSSIBLE to pass by. But, if you continue to engage yourself in your passions, you will find ways to accept the detours; and even though you may be forced to settle for a different destination, you will still find a way to keep your dreams alive.

In short, if you truly love what you do, it will love back and take care of you. So remember...what we do isn't about a bunch of effects and methods. It's about living. It's about respecting ourselves. And it's about respecting the art form that allows us to be the person we want to be.

Keep the change,
Rick

PS. Feel free to go here if you're curious about "A Fine Li(n)e":
http://www.deceptionsunlimited.com/AFL.htm

Thanks very much, my friends.

erdnasephile

Re: "A Fine Li(n)e"

Postby erdnasephile » March 13th, 2016, 11:20 am

Mr. Maue:

I really respect your amazing courage and determination. Your wise outlook on life inspires me.

Hang in there--we're all pulling for you!

Jack Shalom

Postby Jack Shalom » March 13th, 2016, 11:41 am

Wonderful!

Dan LeFay

Postby Dan LeFay » March 13th, 2016, 3:51 pm

What a fantastic approach of life and magic Rick. I wish I was able to see it. I hope it will bring both you and your audiences joy and fulfillment!

Return to “Buzz”