FISM Ticket Problems?

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Jon Elion

FISM Ticket Problems?

Postby Jon Elion » June 26th, 2015, 7:00 am

I sold my 2 VIP tickets to FISM, as they refused a refund. Their instructions were late and not very clear. They just notified me:

Good morning, actually we are not allowed to do changes anymore, because the nominal passes for the congressists are already printed. i will forward this request to the administration department but i can't ensure you that it will be possible.

This is NOT acceptable! I followed their instructions. FISM never provided clear instructions about refunds, sales, transfers, etc. They gave me instructions and I followed them. Now they won't honor their commitments and make this happen!

Overall, I found FISM very disorganized about registrations, transfers, etc. I made an initial inquiry several months ago about the tickets and never heard back. My original purchase was also very "loose" -- there was no way to pay by credit card; I had to purchase the tickets via an auction site FISM set up for the VIP tickets. I know it may be too late for anyone to influence the FISM organizers to improve, but, shall we say, they "have an opportunity to improve their customer service!"

Unlike FISM, I will honor my commitments. If they refuse to transfer the tickets, I will refund the money to the purhcaser.

I am 63 years old, and have been to dozens conventions and conferences (as speaker, performer, and attendee) -- I have NEVER seen anything like this!

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: FISM Ticket Problems?

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 26th, 2015, 4:53 pm

This is being resolved at this moment.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Return to “Buzz”