NEMCON 34 HONORS TOM MULLICA

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Eric DeCamps

NEMCON 34 HONORS TOM MULLICA

Postby Eric DeCamps » February 22nd, 2015, 12:12 pm

Tom Prete S.A.M. Assembly 127

proudly announces

NEW ENGLAND MAGICIAN'S CONFERENCE # 34

This year NEMCON is honoring and starring the one and only, Tom Mullica.

The other stars of magic’s premier one day convention include:

Master of the pasteboards, Jon Armstrong
    The hilarious comedy magic of Stephen Bargatze
    FISM Close Up Magic Champion Rick Merrill
    Introducing SYM rising Star, Ryan Lally
The fun starts the night before on Friday March 6, 2015 with an exclusive event starring Tom Mullica and hosted by Eric DeCamps. This private event is for conventioneers who will be staying at the hotel Friday night March 6 and is limited to the first 60 registrants. So make sure you are registered with the convention and the hotel for that Friday night.

NEMCON 34
March 6 & 7, 2015

CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL

100 Berlin Rd.
Cromwell, CT

(Just off I-91 exit 21)
1-860-635-2000

For more information & registration email Bill Hoagland at whoagland@ctnemcon.com or click on this link: http://www.ctnemcon.com/index.htm

Hope to see you at NEMCON! :-)

Eric DeCamps
NEMCON Committee

TOM MULLICA

JON ARMSTRONG

STEPHEN BARGATZE

RICK MERRILL

RYAN LALLY

whoagland
Favorite Magician: Eric DeCamps

Re: NEMCON 34 HONORS TOM MULLICA

Postby whoagland » February 25th, 2015, 10:44 am

This is going to be a Great NEMCON !! Friday night is going to be a special night, Tom Mullica has not been this far east for a very long time..

Eric DeCamps

Postby Eric DeCamps » March 5th, 2015, 10:21 pm

it's all happening this weekend!
See you there!!
:D

Eric DeCamps

Postby Eric DeCamps » March 9th, 2015, 4:35 pm

The NEMCON 34 performers & crew
(l-r) Thomas Guerrera, Adam Parisi, Stephen Bargatze, Ryan Lally, Jon Armstrong, Tom Mullica, Bill Hoagland, David Garrity and David Wyskiel.
photo courtesy of Steve Wronker

New England Magicians Conference (NEMCON) is sponsored by SAM Assembly 127 and is considered by many to be the premier one-day magic convention in the country. Over the last 34 years thousands of magicians have flocked to NEMCON to attend lectures, close-up and stage magic shows, and to visit with old friends and make new ones This year the featured performers included Jon Armstrong, Stephen Bargatze, Rick Merrill, Ryan Lally, and special guest of honor… Tom Mullica.

Eric DeCamps interviews Tom Mullica
photo courtesy of Ronjo

Seven years ago a special night before event was added. These special events have featured performances and workshops by Bob Fitch, Peter Samelson, Paul Gertner, Denny Haney, and me. This year’s event was a special interview on the life and career of Tom Mullica and the conference committee invited me to host the interview. Mr. Mullica shared fascinating stories of growing up on a farm, using magic getting out room inspections in the army, performing magic on TV, his magic theater The Tom Foolery, and his success of his one man show, “RED- A Tribute to Red Skelton.” At the end of the 2-hour interview, the packed room rose to their feet in appreciation.

On Saturday, the day began with the close-up show starring Armstrong, Bargetze, Merrill, Lally and yours truly. The afternoon brought lectures by Bargatze, Armstrong, and Merrill. After the dinner break 300+ assembled into the ballroom for the stage show. Prior to the show Convention Chair, Bill Hoagland was surprised with a S.A.M. Presidential Certificate by RVP Thomas Gentile.

Tom Mullica and NEMCON Chair, Bill Hoagland
photo courtesy of Steve Wronker

Then Mr. Hoagland introduced Tom Mullica and honored him with a plaque commemorating his years of service to the art of magic. Bill then turned over the stage to our emcee for the evening, Tom Mullica. Tom brought on young Ryan Lally who delighted us with a silk and billiard ball manipulations. Jon Armstrong proved to us why he is considered the top card men working today. Tom followed with antics with the audience and introduced Bargatze who had the audience rolling in the aisles with his comedy magic. More side splitting antics with the audience and Tom Mullica who introduced our next act, FISM Champion, Rick Merrill. Rick’s humor is only surpassed by his amazing sleight of hand skills. To close the show Tom welcomed back Bargatze who closed things out with a hilarious ring in gumball machine routine.

NEMCON 34 is now in the history books and I know it’s an experience registrants will cherish for years to come.

Tate56
Favorite Magician: NA

Postby Tate56 » March 26th, 2015, 6:41 am

I have seen Tom in few vents in New York and he is really good. I just love his shows and his style how he performs. Anyway thanks for sharing about this event dear, I never knew about it.
Last edited by Tate56 on June 27th, 2015, 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » March 26th, 2015, 11:35 am

You can see Tom Mullica perform and lecture at the Genii Convention this coming October: www.geniiconvention.com
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Gregory Schultz

Postby Gregory Schultz » March 27th, 2015, 11:07 am

I am so glad to see Tom Mullica appearing at conventions. I have seen him perform many times and he never failed to make me laugh out loud and at the same time do fantastic magic. He is a heck of a nice man too. I see he is going to be at Abbott's this summer.

Return to “Buzz”