Vale Steve Walker

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Kent Blackmore

Vale Steve Walker

Postby Kent Blackmore » December 11th, 2014, 6:26 am

With the saddest of hearts I have to let you know that Steve Walker has passed away in Sydney, Australia, about 6pm on December 11.

After attending the Christmas meeting of the Geniis Magical Society, Steve was taken suddenly ill and was hospitalised just for the last couple of days, in no condition to receive visitors.

I know that this will be a shock to many of you - It is understood that an existing condition caused this sudden lapse; Steve had become much more tired and quiet over the last year or so.

Steve’s friendships with so many, and his standing among the magic community in Sydney, Australia, and worldwide cannot be overstated. His loss is an immense blow to all who knew him. We will, without doubt, see many tributes to his talents, knowledge, sense of humour and camaraderie as this sad news becomes known. Tonight there is no time to do more than grieve his loss.

Funeral details will be announced when known; possibly next week, but you could stay in touch with Peter Rodgers (peterrodgers@hotkey.net.au) for details. Ann has requested no flowers, please.

David Kaplan

Re: Vale Steve Walker

Postby David Kaplan » December 11th, 2014, 10:34 am

Saddened beyond words. Farewell my good friend.

Paul Green

Postby Paul Green » December 12th, 2014, 2:35 am

Our world is lessened by the loss of a friend. I am saddened,...

Michael Close

Postby Michael Close » December 13th, 2014, 9:41 am

I was greatly saddened to hear this news. Steve was the real deal; he was genuinely funny in his bones. I am going to miss him.

Return to “Buzz”