Ray Goulet in the Hospital

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Ray Goulet in the Hospital

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 12th, 2014, 9:07 pm

Well, this is sad news. I hope it is sad only in the short term, and that Ray recovers soon. He spent half a day sitting with me at the Genii dealer table in St. Louis just last week. Normally since things are in a state of flux I would not post this yet, but since Ray is such a beloved figure in our field, I felt everyone should know what's happening. Keep him in your thoughts.

Anyway, here's the update from Dan Bybell:

Some of you may have heard this already, but for those who have not Ray Goulet was admitted to the hospital this past Tuesday after suffering from a heart attack and its complications. Currently, Ray is in the intensive care unit at St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Brighton. He has undergone one procedure as of yesterday and another is scheduled for today. I believe after today he will need to have different cardiac device implanted, which is yet one more surgical procedure. After that, I believe he will go to a rehab center for further recovery.

Ann has been shuttling back and forth between the hospital and home. She seems to be in good spirits and optimistic. Her sisters and family have been supporting her through this time.

I know that all of us wish Ray a speedy recovery. We have flowers to send once he is out of the ICU, which may be today. In the interim, they do not allow phone calls, flowers, or visitors (except for immediate family) in the ICU. Ann has said she would pass information on to us so that we can keep you updated via emails. As soon as Ann feels that Ray can have visitors or accept phone calls, we will let you know. That might be as long as a few days after the surgery, or when he is in rehab. If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me.

Meanwhile, I am sure we will all have Ray and Ann in our thoughts and wish them well during this stressful period.

Dan
dan@bybell.com
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

M.Lee

Re: Ray Goulet in the Hospital

Postby M.Lee » July 12th, 2014, 10:09 pm

Sad to read this .....
Ray is one of thr Great genteleman of Magic and a heck of a nice fellow.
Hang tough Ray , Feel better soon .

Best

Michael Lee

Return to “Buzz”