Circus Roncalli

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
timbrown
Favorite Magician: Frank Garcia

Circus Roncalli

Postby timbrown » June 2nd, 2014, 5:42 am

I have been in Köln (Cologne), Germany for several weeks on a long business trip. During my daily train commute to and from work I switch trains at the Neumarkt station. A small traveling circus (Circus Roncalli) is set-up immediately adjacent to the train platform and on Saturday I finally bought a ticket and attended a performance. It was exceptional and I highly recommend it if your travels take you to Germany. One of the acts intrigued me and although not magic it was magical enough to make me think that the performer was a magician. Sure enough, a Google search proved this to be the case. His name is Sergi Buka and he opened the circus show with an act involving manipulation of green laser beams. It was fascinating!

Has anyone else seen Sergi Buka? I was not familiar with him prior to my visit to Circus Roncalli.

El Mago de Oh!
Favorite Magician: amazing johnathan

Re: Circus Roncalli

Postby El Mago de Oh! » June 2nd, 2014, 11:38 am

Hi Timbrown.
Sergi is a magician born in barcelona (1974)
He's well knowned here in spain, and he as a wonderfull curriculum.
He has some awards like Mandrake d'Or Paris 04, and I know that he was in the F.I.S.M Sweden 06.
also lots of others national awards.
There's a movie called " La sombra del sol" translated " The shadow of the sun" directed by David Blanco.
Maybe you like to check it out on google.
I saw him a couple of times, but both shows were about shadows, I think you call it "chinese shadows"
briefly; is doing shadows on a screan with his hands and a light.
He's a good magician and a very nice person.
It's funny to find out here, where he works at the moment.
Hope it helped you.

timbrown

Postby timbrown » June 2nd, 2014, 11:59 am

Thank you for your response! Yes, he did a second act with his "hand shadows". Because this was in a very small round circus tent he performed this while riding in circles on a tri-cycle that was equipped with a projector and screen. It was a very clever way to ensure that all of the spectators had a clear view! Sergi is a very clever performer!

El Mago de Oh!

Postby El Mago de Oh! » June 2nd, 2014, 5:18 pm

Hi. I do have to believe in Magic.
I didn;t hear from Sergi Buka for quiet a while, then in this forum you asked about him, And right now (I mean in this exactly moment, I'm watching the "catalan culture awards" and guess what?
Sergi is doing an act with his shadows.
At least it's a very curious coincidence

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » June 2nd, 2014, 5:44 pm

Is this the guy Jason Latimer is said to have taken the laser act from?

El Mago de Oh!

Postby El Mago de Oh! » June 2nd, 2014, 6:14 pm

Hi Brad.
I can't tell true or false, I totally ignore it, but Sergi does use laser in one of his shows.
If you want you can check it out in :
http://www.sergibuka.com and the show is called "Lumen"

P.T. Murphy

Postby P.T. Murphy » June 7th, 2014, 6:38 pm

Circus Roncalli is absolutely WONDERFUL! I have had the pleasure of seeing them on multiple occasions in Frankfurt. Also, if you are in the Frankfurt area, check out Der Tigerpalast. It is a wonderful little variety theater that I was lucky enough to see Jeff Sheridan perform at a few years back.
"Those who do not believe in magic
will never find it. " -Roald Dahl

timbrown

Postby timbrown » June 8th, 2014, 6:44 am

The "Mind Summit" convention will take place starting tomorrow in Cologne. If you are attending and have a free afternoon you should go to Circus Roncalli at the Neumarkt train station. It is just a short train ride from the main station in Cologne and will run until June 15th.

Return to “Buzz”