TV magician Dynamo faces driving ban after speeding at nearly 100mph

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
MickNZ

TV magician Dynamo faces driving ban after speeding at nearly 100mph

Postby MickNZ » September 2nd, 2012, 4:42 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... ng-1295478

Try getting out of this one: TV magician Dynamo faces driving ban after speeding at nearly 100mph

TV magician Dynamo is in a tricky situation after he was arrested for speeding on a motorway at nearly 100mph.

The Magician Impossible star who walked on water across the Thames was driving his Honda Civic from a gig in Harrogate, North Yorks, to see his girlfriend in Birmingham when he was stopped by police.

Dynamo, whose real name is Steven Frayne, faces a driving ban when he appears in court in a few weeks time.

A source close to the star, 29, said: Dynamos pretty good at getting himself out of some tight spots with his illusions but hed have to pull off a pretty amazing trick to get out of this one.

Hes lucky he wasnt caught doing 100 or more as he could have been looking at an automatic ban.

Instead he will have to face magistrates to explain himself and could end up with a ban.

The illusionist who has been called the new David Blaine is a self-confessed petrol head and has been spotted in several new cars in recent months.

It is thought he is being lined up to star in an ad campaign for Mercedes.

Advertisers have been desperate to lure the fast-rising star who has built up an astonishing one million followers on social networking site Twitter.

A pal said: Dynamo is a lovely guy, who is really devoted to his art. He is just as loyal to his girlfriend, and was desperate to get back to her when he was stopped on the M1 last Thursday.

Dynamo won a nomination for most popular entertainment programme at this years National TV Awards.

Even though his show only appears on satellite channel Watch, it has an average of 1.7million viewers a week.

Bradford-born Dynamo was awarded the magic worlds highest honour earlier this year membership of the inner sanctum of the Magic Circle, alongside Paul Daniels and Derren Brown.

Dynamo has admitted his love for cars and says he would love to present Top Gear. He said: I like driving. If I wasnt a magician, Id want to be like Jeremy Clarkson and do Top Gear.

Id love to go on the show. Ive still got my Honda Civic, but its kitted out with YouTube and tellies and stuff.

He has performed at celeb parties for Sir Paul McCartney, Jay-Z and Paris Hilton.?In his most famous stunt last June he walked on the Thames in front of Parliament, before being picked up by what appeared to be a police boat.

A spokesman for Dynamo refused to comment.TV magician Dynamo faces driving ban after speeding at nearly 100mph

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Re: TV magician Dynamo faces driving ban after speeding at nearly 100mph

Postby Matthew Field » September 2nd, 2012, 5:09 am

Match that, Criss!

Matt Field

Eric Chico

Postby Eric Chico » September 3rd, 2012, 9:05 pm

I think he will be able to get out of this. If I recall correctly Magicseen magazine reported that he has colitis or Crohn's disease. He'll just have to plead fecal urgency and hope he has a judge that can sympathize.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » September 4th, 2012, 4:00 am

Oddest. First. Post. Ever.

Return to “Buzz”