Bill Wisch's "Slydini-The Lecture" U.S. Tour 2012

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Re: Bill Wisch's "Slydini-The Lecture" U.S. Tour 2012

Postby Q. Kumber » March 27th, 2012, 6:06 pm

Hey Kevin,

You'll have to talk your dad into doing a UK lecture tour.

Quentin

David Kaplan

Postby David Kaplan » April 3rd, 2012, 4:45 pm

I saw Bill Wisch give his Slydini lecture when he visited Ray Goulet's Magic Art Studio last April.

Mr Wisch was a student of Slydini, and the tricks he showed were excellent. Even better were his fascinating recollections and stories of the master. There was one moment in the lecture that sent shivers down my spine, as Bill went through a sleight of hand drill while a CD played Slydini's actual voice from a lesson of so many years ago. Bill gazed upward, his eyes half-closed as he relived the memory. It was an exquisitely perfect moment of magical theater.

It doesn't matter if you count yourself a fan of Slydini or even if you've never heard of him. If you have the opportunity to see Bill Wisch lecture, do not miss out!

-- David

Jon Racherbaumer

Postby Jon Racherbaumer » April 3rd, 2012, 6:12 pm

I agree. There is lots of sub-text to Slydini and many finesses not in the books. Gene M.'s book was an example of adding important insights and annotations. Bill supplies such things. One of the highlights is his way of performing "Paper Balls to the Hat (Box)" while standing. I was completely fooled! Bill's stories are also entertaining and instructive.
As a side-note: Bill's "Wisch Wedge" as applied to an Oil & Water" routine give Rene's routine a run for the money. If you get a chance, check out this lecture-session.

Joe Naud
Favorite Magician: Vernon, Tamariz, Carney, DaOrtiz, Mac King

Postby Joe Naud » April 3rd, 2012, 6:25 pm

Is there any chance of adding a stop in Los Angeles or San Diego it seems like a natural add on since your doing a stop in AZ.
Thanks, Joe

Terry

Postby Terry » April 4th, 2012, 6:00 pm

Saw Bill last night in Louisville. Excellent lecture by a gentleman.

He told the story of Jon's naming of the "Wedge".

Burning his hands during the explanation section, you couldn't see a flicker of muscle movement. Complete relaxed handling.

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » April 5th, 2012, 4:57 am

I saw Bill Wisch lecture many moons ago at a convention (he was managing Rocco at the time). He is a drummer, and his insights regarding the use of rhythm in the performance of sleights was inspiring. He';s also the inventor of the Wisch Purse.

Matt Field

Return to “Buzz”