New Tim Ellis Book

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

New Tim Ellis Book

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 10th, 2011, 11:13 pm

I just returned from the AMA (Asian Magicians Association) convention in Hong Kong, which hosted the FISM Asia Championships. I had the pleasure of performing alongside the very talented Tim Ellis in the Close-Up Gala, and he drew huge cheers from the crowd.

Well, Tim has just released a book, and the gross he brought to the convention went in a flash. The following is from Alan Watson's e-zine (which I strongly suggest you subscribe to: http://www.magicnewzealand.com/

14. New Book 'Timeless Magic'
Message by Tim Ellis (Aust)

I'm just back from Hong Kong and the 8th Asian Magic Association Convention and it was amazing!

Congratulations to all the winners in the Asia FISM Championship and all the best as you prepare to compete in Blackpool 2012. There is truly some exciting and innovating magic going on in Asia at the moment!

While at the convention I had the pleasure of launching my new book 'Timeless Magic'. 150 pages filled with 25 tricks and lots of essays and articles culled from the last 35 years.

The book sold out at my lectures but if you'd like to grab a copy for Christmas you can get it in either hardcover ($50) or paperback ($35) by going here: http://australianmagician.com/news/565- ... -sale.html
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Tim Ellis

Re: New Tim Ellis Book

Postby Tim Ellis » December 11th, 2011, 4:24 pm

Thanks for the mention Richard! It was fun spending time with you in Hong Kong too, especially at Mos Burger!

My book has already received one review:

Review By Ed Underwood
"
Tim Ellis' magic has always lived up to two key words: practical and powerful. His creations have high visual impact on the audience, leave plenty of room for personal creativity and at least for me, quickly become favorites that rise to the top of my "A" list of repeat material. Thank you Tim for your sharing your years of hard work and innovation!"

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » December 11th, 2011, 4:50 pm

I couldnt have said it better. I cant wait to get this book. Tims is some of the best, most practical magic in this biz. It really is all A material that he shares! He is one of those in magic who does a lot of thinking for the rest of us.

Thanks Tim!

Dustin

Chris Norris

Postby Chris Norris » December 11th, 2011, 7:33 pm

Even better - get 25% off! lulu.com is having a sale through Dec 14 11:59PM PST - enter COUNTDOWN305 at checkout. I got this code through their mailing list.

CraigMitchell

Postby CraigMitchell » December 12th, 2011, 1:39 am

Tim's magic is incredible - some truly fantastic ideas ... not to be missed.

Tim Ellis

Postby Tim Ellis » December 17th, 2011, 6:19 pm

Just a quick note for local Melbourne magicians, I have 6 copies of the paperback here is you want to save on postage. Give me a call 9486 4445

Otherwise the book is available ONLY via the website (details above)

Merry Christmas!

TIM

Ruben Padilla

Postby Ruben Padilla » December 18th, 2011, 2:10 am

Appreciate this thread. Just ordered my copy. The above coupon code has expired. There is currently a new promotion that runs till the end of the month.
Just type "DECBOOKS11" at the coupon prompt and save 20%.

Happy Holidays!
Visit www.MagiciansOnly.com for exclusive book, trick, DVD, & convention reviews!

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 18th, 2011, 11:57 am

After the audience at FISM Asia saw Tim lecture, he sold a load of these new books in Hong Kong, so they must have seen something they liked! The Genii says: buy your copy today.

Chris Norris

Postby Chris Norris » December 21st, 2011, 12:05 pm

For anyone still on the fence there is a new 35%-off promotion - here's the fine print :

"Enter coupon code SECRETSANTA305 at checkout and receive 35% off your order. The maximum savings for this offer is $100. Sorry, but this offer is only valid in US Dollars and cannot be applied to previous orders. You can only use this code once per account, and unfortunately you can't use this coupon in combination with other coupon codes. This great offer expires on December 21, 2011 at 11:59 PM PST, so don't miss out! While very unlikely, we do reserve the right to change or revoke this offer at anytime, and of course we cannot offer this coupon where it is against the law to do so. "

Tim Ellis

Postby Tim Ellis » December 26th, 2011, 3:37 am

And yet another Lulu sale!!!

Enter coupon code BOXINGDAYAU305 at checkout and receive 30% off your order. The maximum savings for this offer is $30. Sorry, but this offer is only valid in US Dollars and cannot be applied to previous orders. You can only use this code once per account, and unfortunately you can't use this coupon in combination with other coupon codes. This great offer expires on December 26, 2011 at 11:59 PM PST, so don't miss out!

Tim Ellis

Postby Tim Ellis » December 31st, 2011, 5:25 am

For those who didn't get to the AMA Convention, it was a whole lot of fun.

Here's a clip of my appearance on the Stage Gala just to give you an idea of the energy in the place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2zMmEI0 ... re=mh_lolz

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 31st, 2011, 5:50 pm

We'll have coverage of the AMA Convention (FISM Asia) in our March issue.

Steve Mills

Postby Steve Mills » January 7th, 2012, 12:56 pm

I've always enjoyed Tim's stuff and ordered the hard cover copy of the book from Lulu. I just got it today.

Well produced and beautifully packaged for shipment. It took about 2 weeks.

In all honesty, at $50.00 I would have been a little disappointed, but at $35.00 I'm very pleased.

Now, I'll get to reading.

Steve

Keith Raygor

Postby Keith Raygor » January 7th, 2012, 8:41 pm

I received Tim's hardcover a few days ago, and after thumbing though it, I'm excited to read it in detail. Tim has been one of my favorite magicians for many years because of the choices he makes in structure and impact. His personality also goes a long way in his shows.

Thanks for the heads up, Richard.
www.KeithTheMagician.com
www.TheMusicalMindreader.com

Return to “Buzz”