Fitzgerald and Cassidy

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

Fitzgerald and Cassidy

Postby Steve Bryant » June 27th, 2011, 2:02 pm

One of the treats of being a Magic Castle member is the online Who's Hoo interviews conducted, lately, by Fitzgerald. The current interview is with Bob Cassidy and it's really top notch. Cassidy himself is a hoot as an interviewee and also performs some mentalism, but what I really loved was Fitzgerald's extended opening. He did some hilarious shtick involving "things you won't hear at the Magic Castle" and later he closed the program with some goofy silent magic as two girls who looked like they belonged in some James Bond opening credits danced beside him. An amazingly entertaining 32 minutes.

Gregory Edmonds

Re: Fitzgerald and Cassidy

Postby Gregory Edmonds » June 27th, 2011, 5:07 pm

I'm not a Castle member now, being stuck (quite literally, at present, due to neuromuscular disease), so I don't have access to the interview.

I have, however, known Bob through his many ups and downs (with which I can relate more than I care to share), for a couple of decades (maybe three?), now.

He is, indeed, "a hoot," and probably tops the list of those who might be called a "born mentalist," should such a thing exist. Bob Cassidy knows more about the history, theory and realistic application of everything "mentalism." He is indeed a treasure, and I (even now) almost always learn something practical when listening to, or reading, anything the man has to say.

You Castle members who CAN read the interview, or better still, see Bob either perform or lecture, are (were?) in for a special treat. Long may he wave.

Greg
Celebrate the Art of Magic

Return to “Buzz”