S.A.M. PA # 1 - 102nd Salute to Magic -Thomas Solomon in “American Escape Artist"

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Eric DeCamps

S.A.M. PA # 1 - 102nd Salute to Magic -Thomas Solomon in “American Escape Artist"

Postby Eric DeCamps » March 27th, 2011, 9:04 pm

[font:Book Antiqua][size:14pt]

The Parent Assembly #1 is proud to present Thomas Solomon in American Escape Artist.

Dont let the title fool you this is a full-evening show of both MAGIC and ESCAPE ARTISTRY. In addition to his world-famous death-defying escapes, Thomas Solomon will present dazzling classic magic with a contemporary twist, as well as never-before-seen magic effects. Backed by a supporting cast as well as spectacular sets, costumes and lighting by top professional designers, this show will be a feast for the eyes and a not-to-be missed magical thrill ride.

Thomas Solomon has won awards as both an escape artist and a magician. He was named Worlds Greatest Escape Artist at the 2000 World Magic Awards. In 1980 he won the national S.A.M. close-up competition. His many TV appearances include starring in two specials Thomas Solomon The Escape Artist, for CH4 in Great Britain, and No Jail Can Hold Me, for The History Channel. He starred in two Off-Broadway shows in New York, Ellusions, and Theatre of the Macabre, which ran for 1500 performances. As a magician hes performed for many Fortune 500 clients.

His accomplishments as an escape artist are mind-boggling. Thomas Solomon has escaped from over 5000 pairs of handcuffs of all different types from all times in history. He has performed for two presidents at the White House, both times escaping from the handcuffs of the Uniformed Secret Service. Solomon has escaped two locked safes in his career, one of them underwater for his British television special. Solomon has escaped 19 jails throughout his career in New York City, London, Philadelphia, Chicago, Milwaukee, Trenton and others. Most notable were his escapes from the maximum security prison Pentonville in the UK (that houses IRA prisoners) and from Al Capone's personal cell at Eastern State Penitentiary, Philadelphia.

Solomon is the only person to have escaped the leather and canvas money bag previously used by the Metropolitan Transit Authority in New York City.

He has accomplished hundreds of straitjacket releases, most notably an escape from the all-leather straitjacket specifically created to thwart him by Menkes Leather Works. He escaped a tightly bound straitjacket in the pouring rain hanging upside down from a tower crane 150 feet above the street in Portland, Oregon in December 2006.

The Society of American Magicians, Parent Assembly #1 presents:
The 102nd Salute to Magic - Thomas Solomon in American Escape Artist

Date: Saturday May 14, 2011 - 8:00pm
Location: El Teatro, El Museo del Barrio 1230 Fifth Avenue (at 104th Street) New York, NY

One performance only. Seating is limited. Dont miss out buy your tickets today before they sell out!
Order tickets online at www.sampa1.com or click here: 2011 Salute to Magic

[/size][/font]

Rene Clement

Re: S.A.M. PA # 1 - 102nd Salute to Magic -Thomas Solomon in “American Escape Artist"

Postby Rene Clement » March 27th, 2011, 10:10 pm

I am looking forward to this show and bringing guests who I know will also enjoy it.

Eric DeCamps

Re: S.A.M. PA # 1 - 102nd Salute to Magic -Thomas Solomon in “American Escape Artist"

Postby Eric DeCamps » March 28th, 2011, 10:03 am

[size:14pt][font:Book Antiqua]
UPDATE:

I forgot to mention that besides ordering online through Paypal, you can also order tickets by emailing the Salute Chairperson, Ken Ferst at: lemonzyrup@aol.com

Eric DeCamps

[/font][/size]

TGS

Postby TGS » April 12th, 2011, 8:45 am

Hi everybody--Thomas Solomon here.
Just wanted to say that my show "American Escape Artist" presented by the SAM Parent Assembly #1 will be one night only at El Teatro Heckscher Theatre, 104th and 5th Avenue on Saturday, May 14, 2011, 8pm in the evening. Tickets are $50.00 and availible at www.sampa1.com

We are planning a great show. Those who know me know my work as an escape artist. There will be some very unique escapes in the show but don't worry, for those who hate escapes (and really, why should you???) there is alot of magic in the show as well.

This a full on theatrical event. The Heckscher Theatre is a registered NYC landmark dating back more than a 100 years. Many magicians have performed there. This theatre was the original Public Theatre in New York for those who are familiar with NYC theatre lore.

Anyways--there are many people employed in the legitimate theatre (light designers, set designers, actresses, etc) who are working on this show. Our goal is to perform a show the likes of which the Salute To Magic has not seen. It will be different, to be sure. Many of the escapes have never been seen before (unless you have seen me work). All escapes are done in full view of the audience (No Houdini behind a cabinet escapes) and audience members are allowed to bring handcuffs or locks to the theatre and I will use them in the show (depending on how many I get). The New York Police Dept will be showing up and bringing handcuffs as well.

Fisher House, which houses Wounded Soldiers throughout the country has bought 50 tickets and will be turning them over to Wounded soldiers who may be in attendance.

As for the magic, there will be some familiar effects done in different ways with different presentations. Again, those who have seen me work will know what I mean.

If you can, forego that glass of wine, those two pints of Guiness, don't waste your money on a ticket to see Charlie Sheen, take a breather from the Genii Forum, forget the Yankee game (they play the rest of the year) and put off the movies for one week to plop down 50 bucks, come uptown to 104th and 5th Avenue, 8pm, Saturday, May 14 to see American Escape Artist.

We hope to see you there.

Eric DeCamps

Postby Eric DeCamps » May 2nd, 2011, 8:40 pm

[size:14pt][font:Book Antiqua]
Eric DeCamps here and Im reminding you that the 102nd edition of PA # 1 Salute to Magic is less than 2 weeks away and that there are still some seats available to this wonderful event.

Thomas Solomon is presenting his Magic & Escape show. Its a very special show with some amazing sets, great magic and death defying escapes. I was lucky to get my tickets early and I really dont want you to miss out on the wonderful opportunity to see this truly remarkable show.

You can find you more at the Salute to magic FB event page:

www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=205659379462292

You can order tickets by emailing Ken Ferst at LEMONZYRUP@aol.com or you can buy tickets through PayPal here: http://sampa1.com/salute-to-magic/

I for one cant wait to see this show. The buzz around town is that its going to be something we have never seen before so get your tickets NOW!

See you on Saturday May 14, 2011 at el Teatro at Museo del Barrio.

All the Best,

Eric DeCamps
Dean of PA # 1 S.A.M

[/font][/size]

Eric DeCamps

Postby Eric DeCamps » May 8th, 2011, 9:04 pm

[font:Book Antiqua][size:14pt]
Hi Everyone!

I just wanted you all to know that Thomas Solomon, Margaret Steele and I are the guest hosts on this week's iTricks Podcast Magic Week in Review (May 8, 2011 edition). MWiR is a weekly magic podcast from the iTricks.com team (Andrew Mayne and Justin Robert Young). The iTricks podcast is a great way to get up to the minute news on the Magic Industry.

The sole hot topic discussed in this edition of the program is the S.A.M PA # 1 102nd Edition of the Salute to Magic starring Thomas Solomon in, American Escape Artist.

The magic and escape show takes place at el Teatro, el Museo del Barrio 1230 Fifth Avenue (at 104th Street) New York, NY on Saturday May 14, 2011 at 8:00pm.

To purchase tickets for this amazing show please go to http://www.sampa1.com

You can either listen to the stream version or subscribe (its free) via iTunes. The latest edition of MWiR is ready for download or listening at: http://itricks.com/news/2011/05/itricks ... -to-magic/ or from the iTunes store.

Best,

Eric DeCamps

[/size][/font]

Eric DeCamps

Postby Eric DeCamps » May 13th, 2011, 8:28 am

Awesome news!
The New York Times has chosen the 102nd Salute to Magic as one of this weekend's best bets for arts and leisure for this weekend.

Salute to Magic NY Times

We have a few tickets left so this is your last chance to see this New York Times choice! Go to www.sampa1.com NOW!!

Eric DeCamps

Eric DeCamps

Postby Eric DeCamps » May 13th, 2011, 9:00 pm

[size:14pt] [font:Arial]
UPDATE

I passed by the theater today and the set looks AMAZING! I cant give much away but Thomas Solomon will be performing lots of magic and a modern version of the Water Torture Cell. I know I'm glad I got my ticket.

We do have a few select tickets left so this is your last chance to see this New York Times best choice! You can try walking up to the theater for tickets or better yet go to www.sampa1.com NOW!!

Eric DeCamps

[/font][/size]

Return to “Buzz”