Cold Reading Workshop, London, Oct. 10th

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Paul Bell

Cold Reading Workshop, London, Oct. 10th

Postby Paul Bell » September 27th, 2010, 4:24 am

PAUL VOODINI PRESENTS "ABOVE & BEYOND COLD READING" - A WORKSHOP FOR MENTALISTS & MAGICIANS!

Treadwells Esoteric Bookshop
34 Tavistock Street
Covent Garden
London
WC2E 7PB

www.readerofminds.co.uk

Paul Voodini is the author of the highly successful and acclaimed book on cold reading techniques and its applications for the mentalist, "Reader of Minds". This workshop is ideal for beginners, intermediates, and experts alike, and will concern itself with several areas of the technique known as "cold reading".

Areas covered will include:
What is cold reading?
Where did cold reading come from?
Why are mentalists and magicians interested in cold reading?
How to actually "cold read".
Traditional uses of cold reading.
How can mentalists and magicians utilise cold reading in their performance?
How to make money from cold reading.
The ethics of cold reading.

All attendees will receive a FREE copy of Paul's "Reader of Minds" (worth 20). Copies of his forthcoming book "Magicians' Guide to Palm Reading" will be available to purchase on the day at a highly discounted price (10 rather than the standard price of 15).

Tickets are priced at just 18, and places are very limited (as anyone who has been to Treadwells will know!!).

This will be an interesting, informative afternoon with plenty of scope for discussion and questions. You will not be lectured to. Paul's lectures and workshops tend to be both informative and jolly good fun!

www.readerofminds.co.uk
Paul 'Voodini' Bell
www.readerofminds.co.uk

Steve V

Re: Cold Reading Workshop, London, Oct. 10th

Postby Steve V » September 27th, 2010, 5:29 pm

I don't see any dates unless they are in the clickys. I know that there is the multi date lectures by Mark Lewis in London coming up around Oct 6th through 10th (don't hold me to that) that Ron McMillan (sp?) is sponsering. It is more costly but then again the Lewis lectures cover two nights per lecture. I certainly would attend the Voodini lecture for the mentalism and all that but for hardcore learning the art and business of psychic readings you can't beat Mark Lewis. One thing I don't understand about Mark is he got on line, shot himself in the foot repeatedly not realizing his humor didn't work on line while in fact he is one of the most amazingly knowledgable and talented guys, and polite, you'll ever meet. Put him on a forum though and he goes ape. Good luck with the lecture
Steve V

Paul Bell

Postby Paul Bell » September 27th, 2010, 6:15 pm

Mark's lectures are 4th - 7th october, and mine is on the 10th. It will be a psychic week in olde London town!

As well as the mentalist side of cold reading, I will be talking about the business of psychic readings also. After all, I started out as a "shut eye" tarot card reader before being drawn into the shadowy world of mentalism! I know the psychic world inside out and have much info to offer in that area. Plus I know how to combine the psychic's skills seamlessly with those of the mentalist.

Mark has always been an inspiration to me. I think that perhaps I am one of the few people on-line who "get" him. I think it's very cool that he is lecturing a few days before me.
Paul 'Voodini' Bell

www.readerofminds.co.uk

Steve V

Postby Steve V » September 27th, 2010, 7:54 pm

Nice! I'm tired of England producing good mentalist and magicians by the way, I'm going to have to start saying 'whilst' just to be a contender.
Steve V

Return to “Buzz”