BIG Contest Coming: We're Giving Away 15 FREE Registrations to ....

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

BIG Contest Coming: We're Giving Away 15 FREE Registrations to ....

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 21st, 2010, 4:34 pm

... the Essential Magic Conference.

Yup: couresty of the organizers we're going to be giving 15 lucky people free registrations to this unique first-ever Internet magic convention.

Get ready for details on how you can enter ...
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Richard Kaufman

Re: BIG Contest Coming: We're Giving Away 15 FREE Registrations to ....

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 22nd, 2010, 1:29 pm

Enter the contest for the Essential Magic Conference (a non-profit enterprise), organized by Luis de Matos, David Britland, and Marco Tempest, which has a $75 value, this way:

Send me (not Genii) an e-mail (to moobooks@verizon.net) with your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address anytime between now and midnight Tuesday May 25 (Pacific Standard Time--that gives everyone in the USA until midnight). Entries received after midnight Tuesday May 25 will not be accepted. Anyone, worldwide, may enter the contest. You do not have to be a subscriber to Genii or member of this Forum to enter.

In the subject line write:
"ENTER ME IN THE ESSENTIAL MAGIC CONFERENCE CONTEST." If you don't do this, I will ignore your e-mail entry.

We will print out all the entries, fold them in half, and put them in a big shopping bag. After we shake the hell out of it, our office manager Margret Daham will reach inside and pick out 15 entries on Wednesday May 26 at 10 am.

Those 15 winners will be notified by e-mail the same day that they have won and then sent their special card with the scratch-off portion that reveals the code you will need to enter in order to view the convention online.

Why do you want to enter this contest? You have a free chance to watch 3 days of magic with 16 hours of live streaming video of 33 speakers who include:
Gaeton Bloom
Lennart Green
Jason England
Luis de Matos
Finn John
Max Maven
Mike Caveney
Eric Mead
Cyril Takayama
Guy Hollingworth
and a lot of other talented folks.

In addition to the live streaming video on the actual days of the convention (July 15, 16, and 17), you will have access to the convention website and video library for one year and you will also receive a set of DVDs containing the full content of the convention.

You can get a a preview of the convention here:
http://essentialmagicconference.com/

I'll repeat the requirements to enter the contest:

Send me (not Genii) an e-mail (to moobooks@verizon.net) with your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address anytime between now and midnight Tuesday May 25 (Pacific Standard Time--that gives everyone in the USA until midnight). Entries received after midnight Tuesday May 25 will not be accepted. Anyone, worldwide, may enter the contest. You do not have to be a subscriber to Genii or member of this Forum to enter.
"ENTER ME IN THE ESSENTIAL MAGIC CONFERENCE CONTEST." If you don't do this, I will ignore your e-mail entry.

Good luck!

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 22nd, 2010, 7:51 pm

Enter the contest for the Essential Magic Conference (a non-profit enterprise), organized by Luis de Matos, David Britland, and Marco Tempest, which has a $75 value, this way:

We will print out all the entries, fold them in half, and put them in a big shopping bag. After we shake the hell out of it, our office manager Margret Daham will reach inside and pick out 15 entries on Wednesday May 26 at 10 am.

Those 15 winners will be notified by e-mail the same day that they have won and then sent their special card with the scratch-off portion that reveals the code you will need to enter in order to view the convention online.

Why do you want to enter this contest? You have a free chance to watch 3 days of magic with 16 hours of live streaming video of 33 speakers who include:
Gaeton Bloom
Lennart Green
Jason England
Luis de Matos
Finn John
Max Maven
Mike Caveney
Eric Mead
Cyril Takayama
Guy Hollingworth

In addition to the live streaming video on the actual days of the convention (July 15, 16, and 17), you will have access to the convention website and video library for one year and you will also receive a set of DVDs containing the full content of the convention.

Good luck!

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 23rd, 2010, 10:17 am

Gaeton Bloom
Lennart Green
Jason England
Luis de Matos
Finn John
Max Maven
Mike Caveney
Eric Mead
Cyril Takayama
Guy Hollingworth

Good luck!

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 23rd, 2010, 6:39 pm

Gaeton Bloom
Lennart Green
Jason England
Luis de Matos
Finn John
Max Maven
Mike Caveney
Eric Mead
Cyril Takayama
Guy Hollingworth

Good luck!

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 24th, 2010, 10:36 am

Gaeton Bloom
Lennart Green
Jason England
Luis de Matos
Finn John
Max Maven
Mike Caveney
Eric Mead
Cyril Takayama
Guy Hollingworth

Good luck!

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 25th, 2010, 11:31 am

Today is the last day to enter the contest: you have until midnight tonight pacific time, or 3 am eastern standard time, to send your emails. We'll pick the 15 winners tomorrow morning and notify them by e-mail same day. PLEASE send exactly the information as I've requested.

So ...

Gaeton Bloom
Lennart Green
Jason England
Luis de Matos
Finn John
Max Maven
Mike Caveney
Eric Mead
Cyril Takayama
Guy Hollingworth

Good luck!

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 25th, 2010, 9:49 pm

About 5 hours and 10 minutes left to enter this contest.

Great response to this. I wish all of you who have entered were posting on the Forum!

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 26th, 2010, 1:51 pm

And the winners are ...

John Jurney
Jim Klodzen
Bill McFadden
Jesse Panganiban
Sammy Jakubowicz
Chastain Criswell
Neil Henley
Luis Espino
Jeff Prace
Tal Kuhnz
Steven Go
Timothy Brown
Jim Riser
Bill Mullins
Seuss Hawkeye Metivier

Each will be receiving a registration card by mail shortly.

Thank you very much for the surprisingly large amount of entries, and I hope all of you who entered and didn't win will considering registering for the convention.

ChastainCriswell

Postby ChastainCriswell » May 29th, 2010, 9:18 pm

Yeah I had forgotten I registered to win this .... found it in my mailbox this morning! Thanks Richard and Margret!

luigimar

Postby luigimar » May 29th, 2010, 9:40 pm

I'm another lucky winner (Luis Espino) but I guess I'll have to wait till next week to get my card. I'm all the way down in Mexico and it takes a while to get letters from abroad. Anyway, thanks a lot Richard and Margret for this GREAT opportunity!
Last edited by luigimar on May 29th, 2010, 9:42 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Added name
luigimar

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 29th, 2010, 10:52 pm

Mailed it to you by airmail, first class, Luis, so you should have it soon.

luigimar

Postby luigimar » May 29th, 2010, 11:23 pm

Ok Richard, thanks again and thanks for the information.
luigimar

Jeff.Prace

Postby Jeff.Prace » May 29th, 2010, 11:55 pm

Thanks a lot Richard and Margret!
KEYLICIOUS is HERE!
See the trailer!

Jim Riser

Postby Jim Riser » May 30th, 2010, 1:45 am

As a guy who never wins anything, I am extremely thrilled with being one of the contest winners! My "scratch and sniff" card arrived in today's mail. I thank the kind folk from EMC for donating the prizes to Richard for the contest. And I certainly thank Richard and Margaret for running the contest.

It will be very interesting to see how well the conference broadcasts over the internet. I plan on using two methods to receive the lectures and demonstrations to evaluate the "reception" of both. This is magic pioneering and I am thrilled to be a part of it.

Again, thank you.
Jim

Henley

Postby Henley » May 30th, 2010, 4:57 am

I won! Looking forward to the card arriving on this side of the Earth sometime next month. Thanks to Richard, Genii, and EMC organizers!

Neil

Magic Newswire

Postby Magic Newswire » May 30th, 2010, 12:12 pm

It really looks like they are doing everything that they can think of to make this work. Have a peek at the set that it will be broadcast from if you haven't already seen it : www.bit.ly/ay1qgT

Magic Newswire

Postby Magic Newswire » May 30th, 2010, 12:24 pm

The latest EMC Video went up today BTW.. It features Ava Do and you can watch it here: www.bit.ly/AvaDoEMC

Also, several members only videos have been posted with more to come which are only available to EMC Members. One of the most recent is with my "This Week in Magic" podcast c0-host David Kaye.

Jim Klodzen

Postby Jim Klodzen » June 1st, 2010, 7:46 pm

Thanks my friends!

Return to “Buzz”