Introducing:Tommy Wonder's Wandering Chimes.

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Dan LeFay

Introducing:Tommy Wonder's Wandering Chimes.

Postby Dan LeFay » February 16th, 2010, 8:04 am

Four years ago Tommy Wonder asked me to help him finish his work on the chink-a-chink effect. As was typical for Tommy he had come up with some true innovative concepts which made the effect not only easier to perform, but also offered a very magical presentational framing.

After his death in 2006 his estate and I decided that we would try to offer the finished product to the Magic Worldsometime? Auke van Dokkum was the man Tommy had asked to produce the props and I would write the instructions.
Now, three and a half years after his passing I am very excited to announce it is finished:

Tommy Wonders Wandering Chimes.
-Four beautiful little chimes magically gather with a wave of the magician's hands.
-More than 30 pages of instructions on the evolution of the chink-a-chink plot and insights in the impossible shell concept .
-The chimes are so easy to palm, you will never need to grab sugarcubes or bottlecaps again for a surefire performance!
-The props are meticulously manufactured by Auke van Dokkum after Tommy Wonders original concept. They are a mechanical marvel!
-Produced in a limited edition of 100 sets, these Wandering Chimes are endorsed by the Tommy Wonder Estate and sold by Auke van Dokkum.

The Wandering Chimes will be offered for the first time at the Blackpool Magic convention by Auke van Dokkum, and a couple of day later at the WMS in Las Vegas. I would have loved to be there and demonstrate them, but my performing schedule is too tight to travel abroad. Dont miss Tommy Wonders final effect!

Kind Regards,
Dan LeFay
The Netherlands

Earle Oakes

Re: Introducing:Tommy Wonder's Wandering Chimes.

Postby Earle Oakes » February 16th, 2010, 1:05 pm

What is the cost of Tommy Wonder's Wondering Chimes?

Dan LeFay

Postby Dan LeFay » February 17th, 2010, 3:58 am

If I am not mistaken the price of a set will be 350. Auke has made a small amount to start with(about 12 sets), since they are very timeconsuming to produce.
It would be best to ask him for the price in dollars and euros.

Travis

Postby Travis » February 17th, 2010, 4:35 pm

Are there images?

Dan LeFay

Postby Dan LeFay » February 17th, 2010, 5:47 pm

I have a photo, but being the internet nitwit that I am I have no idea how to add a picture to this message...?

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 17th, 2010, 7:07 pm

Dan, go to photobucket.com. Open an account (it's free). You upload the photo to photobucket (simple). Then they give you a code to imbed here, which you just copy and paste. If done properly, the photo will show up.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Dick Koornwinder

Postby Dick Koornwinder » February 17th, 2010, 7:42 pm

Well have a look!

Return to “Buzz”