Should Mark Lewis Stay or Go?

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Doc

Re: Should Mark Lewis Stay or Go?

Postby Doc » January 24th, 2010, 1:29 pm

As at 1:22 pm est the vote stands at [color:#000099]92.72%[/color] to let him stay and [color:#FF0000]36.28%[/color] for him to go.

I don't know how many precincts are in but [color:#660000]129% [/color]of the votes have been counted.

Sounds like a mayoral election in Chicago or Boston. :D

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » January 24th, 2010, 1:47 pm

You are reading it wrong (there is no decimal point)

There are 92 votes for and 36 votes against.
Which equates to 72% for and 28% against.
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Doc

Postby Doc » January 24th, 2010, 3:58 pm

Joe Pecore wrote:You are reading it wrong (there is no decimal point)

This what it says:
Mark Lewis Should be Allowed to Continue Posting on The Genii Forum
-
92 72%
Mark Lewis Should NOT be Allowed to Continue Posting on the Genii Forum
-
36 28%

So what part did in read wrong?

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » January 24th, 2010, 4:57 pm

Is there any difference between what Mark does and what the Polar Bear or the Goat does (when he is so minded) - other than perhaps volume?

I have gotten a lot out of Mark's posts. He has shared some very interesting, useful, and practical information throughout his posts.

While I find the Bear's posts amusing (even when they take a jab in my direction) I don't know that I've ever learned anything from him. I'm not sure if he has ever offered anything bordering on "content." (I may be wrong about that.)

Seems to me that if the repartee of Goat and Bear are permitted, then we cannot fault Lewis for doing the same - perhaps only better.

mormonyoyoman

Postby mormonyoyoman » January 24th, 2010, 5:35 pm

Mark who?

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet

Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Postby Joe Mckay » January 24th, 2010, 5:36 pm

I have already voted to keep Mark. I think it would be tragic to lose him from this forum. Also his humour is peculiarly English - so I fear some of the Americans here are getting the wrong end of the stick...

Joe

PS I hope Mark is here long enough to respond to my question on Hypnotism.

PPS I saw him demoing Svengali decks when I was 8 years old. So - I owe him a lot! And considering I own about 20 books by Richard Kaufman - I think Richard does as well! :-)

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » January 24th, 2010, 5:43 pm

I am utterly horrified to hear that my humour is "English" With a name like McKay you should know why.

And I have noticed that it is the English magicians who get offended quicker than anyone else. Especially the toffee nosed egomaniacs from the Magic Circle.

Jolly Roger

Postby Jolly Roger » January 24th, 2010, 9:59 pm

Mark.Lewis wrote:I am utterly horrified to hear that my humour is "English" With a name like McKay you should know why.

And I have noticed that it is the English magicians who get offended quicker than anyone else. Especially the toffee nosed egomaniacs from the Magic Circle.

I am probably the most English magician on the planet, being the product of a major English public school(Munton went to a minor one). However, nothing you have ever done has offended me in the slightest bit, except possibly the Great Yarmouth display stand saga, which is of no interest to anyone except us. Now, can we please continue taking about Harold Taylor, as I think he is a magician from the past of great interest to many. JR
www.ComicMagician.com
www.Magician.US.com
www.BestAssemblies.com
www.SpiritualStage.com

Joe Mckay
Favorite Magician: Lubor Fiedler

Postby Joe Mckay » January 24th, 2010, 10:08 pm

As an English guy I must say I am offended by the idea that we are easily offended!

Joe

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » January 24th, 2010, 10:22 pm

Roger. I didn't steal your display stand. My star pupil, Terry, from the University of Evil, did. I am fervently hoping he will come to my book launch in April or so. If you are available I would like to see you too. After all, if you can trek over to Blackpool and Washington I don't see why you can't trek up to Toronto as well.
In any event you stole the display stand yourself from Woolworths in the first place.

And this thread is supposed to be about me not bloody Harold Taylor. After all he is not in danger of being banned from the Genii Forum since he is somewhat deceased at the moment.

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » January 24th, 2010, 10:31 pm

Doc wrote:
Joe Pecore wrote:You are reading it wrong (there is no decimal point)

This what it says:
Mark Lewis Should be Allowed to Continue Posting on The Genii Forum
-
92 72%
Mark Lewis Should NOT be Allowed to Continue Posting on the Genii Forum
-
36 28%

So what part did in read wrong?

You are assuming the space is a decimal point.

Votes for: The "92" is the number of votes which is "72%" of the total votes (128).
Votes against: The "36" is the number of votes which is "28%" of the total votes (128).
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » January 24th, 2010, 10:57 pm

In other words I have achieved a landslide victory. Not that I wish to rub it in of course. I would love to have a breakdown of the countries the 36 anti votes came from. I bet one was from Rumania and the rest were from the UK, especially members of the Magic Circle.

Sr Agnes Fate

Postby Sr Agnes Fate » January 24th, 2010, 11:45 pm

Some people from the Cafe wanted to vote against you, but they tried in vain to find the 'Should **** ***** be banned' poll.

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » January 25th, 2010, 12:06 am

In that case they must be blind. At any rate they shouldn't be allowed to come on here and vote if they have never been here before.
Where does it say this on the magic cafe anyway?

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 25th, 2010, 12:22 am

I consulted the stats to see how many people have joined the Forum since this poll started.

Only a few.

Not enough to have skewed it greatly.

And no one can vote more than once.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » January 25th, 2010, 12:31 am

I think Agnes is giving us a story full of tosh.

Ted M
Favorite Magician: Dani DaOrtiz

Postby Ted M » January 25th, 2010, 12:33 am

I don't think Mark should be banned, but I would like to see the originator of a thread empowered to delete posts if/when Mark derails the thread, as so frequently happens.

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » January 25th, 2010, 12:42 am

There are already three moderators here who can delete things. I would imagine that would be enough. And if I derail the thread it is usually boring anyway. Anyway Jolly Roger is always derailing threads too chattering about Harold Taylor when everybody should be chattering about me. Why not complain about him too?

Jolly Roger

Postby Jolly Roger » January 25th, 2010, 1:06 am

Mark.Lewis wrote: Anyway Jolly Roger is always derailing threads too chattering about Harold Taylor when everybody should be chattering about me. Why not complain about him too?

Ronnie.........this thread is not about ME. It is about YOU, as you keep telling us.

While on the subject of Harold Taylor, I am curious as to whether anyone is doing the Sterling egg on on fan these days? I put it in the same category as the gas mantle, made famous by Alan Shaxon. Great tricks, but somewhat dated. JR
www.ComicMagician.com

www.Magician.US.com

www.BestAssemblies.com

www.SpiritualStage.com

Sr Agnes Fate

Postby Sr Agnes Fate » January 25th, 2010, 3:07 am

Sorry, I was joking about how the Reverends name is asterisked on the Cafe - the only person I know who joined to vote was me - I was candid about that and I voted for Mark.

If I get bored with his arguments on Buskers I can switch to here :) - but I do believe he is very generous with his formidable knowledge. Unfortunately many people misunderstand his dry humour, and mistake his pragmatism for pure evil. In the Snap Illusions thread his advice may not be the most palatable, but is probably the most practical.

Anyway I'm getting carried away and singing the praises of one well experienced in doing that for himself - I shall return to my usual study of his failings now.

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » January 25th, 2010, 9:54 am

I have just realised who Sister Agnes is. She is an Australian nun and a most worthy upright and moral woman despite being an Australian who are mostly descended from convicts.

As a reverend myself I welcome her here. This place certainly is full of people who need our divine guidance.

And yes. Brookenfuehrer has indeed installed special software to blot the very mention of my name out. I find that hilarious.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 25th, 2010, 10:46 am

I have made my decision and Mr. Lewis will be off the Forum for now. This thread is locked. Please don't start any new threads regarding this manner or you, too, will be going away.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Return to “Buzz”