Criss Angel Receives Another Award

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.

absoulute

Re: Criss Angel Receives Another Award

Postby absoulute » December 29th, 2009, 5:54 pm

Did I miss something? Why is this guy so hated? Was it one act in particular or just his general douchie-ness that people are so repulsed by?

Jager

Postby Jager » December 30th, 2009, 1:08 pm

absoulute wrote:Did I miss something? Why is this guy so hated? Was it one act in particular or just his general douchie-ness that people are so repulsed by?

I get the feeling that magicians dont generaly like him because his magic career is based more on marketing than technique and presentation. If nothing else he is very good at the buisness side of magic.
Kelly Smith
Jager

flynn

Postby flynn » December 30th, 2009, 2:18 pm

I thought it was jealousy, but was assured by many that wasnt the case. Maybe Occam's Razor could be applied here to find a solution.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » December 31st, 2009, 3:53 am

I think hate is too strong a word. And what is it that members of the press have to be jealous of when it comes to Criss Angel? No, I simply believe one reaps what they sow.

Dustin

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » December 31st, 2009, 6:21 am

As for Criss Angel I am not a fan myself. However, I don't know of a single famous (as in household word famous) magician who isn't or wasn't mocked and criticised. Not one. Think about it.

Paul Daniels, Kreskin, David Copperfield, Doug Henning, David Nixon, David Blaine, David Berglas, Chan Canasta, Al Koran, Dunninger and Houdini. And of course the rather awful Criss Angel.

Yep. Every single one of them.

Here is another example. There is a review site called Trip Advisor. Naturally every show in Vegas is reviewed. You will be shocked at all the negative things said about Lance Burton, Penn and Teller, The Amazing Jonathon, Siegfried and Roy (in their day) and virtually every act that works Vegas.

Part of the price of being out there.

Return to “Buzz”