Ed Marlo Speaks on Ebay

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Ed Marlo Speaks on Ebay

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 26th, 2009, 1:58 pm

Jeez, what a ripoff! All you're getting is a copy of ONE effect from Apocalypse with Marlo's scribbles on the side--most of which are silly gibberish (I bought one of my own books which Marlo "annotated" and it's filled with nutcase comments.)

AND, to to top it all off, this is a gross violation of copyright. Making a copy of ANY part of Apocalypse and selling it, whether it's a paper or digital copy, is against the law.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 26th, 2009, 3:31 pm

I just reread it and see that he is claiming that he is not selling copies of Apocalypse. If anyone is silly enough to purchase something from this auction, please let me know if that's the case.
But to think that he's charging you $10 to send you what can amount to only a single word comment is just crazy. And if you just want him to take a look, that's $3.

DrDanny

Postby DrDanny » December 26th, 2009, 3:44 pm

It also occurs to me: if he doesn't send a copy of the item from Apocalypse, you're taking his word for it that Marlo wrote anything at all. Great idea!

For only $50, I'll tell you what Ed is thinking about you RIGHT NOW! :/

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 26th, 2009, 10:33 pm

Yes: Ed Marlo says, "This tricks stinks AND you stole it from Marlo."

David Alexander

Postby David Alexander » December 27th, 2009, 1:02 am

He's also selling a letter "signed" by Pat Nixon that was most likely signed by an autopen.

absoulute

Postby absoulute » December 29th, 2009, 6:00 pm

I've noticed his feedback doesn't show a whole lot of previous sales of this particular product. Does anyone know where I can get a bag of Ed Marlo's shaving scum? I figure that would go well with the email I would recieve from this idiot. Can you imagine?

Here is 10 bucks, what did Marlo say about the cards across routine?

Reply: Marlo wrote - "good". Thanks for your business.

Gee thanks man! I am so glad I know that now! I was finding it hard to breathe prior to that revelation.

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » December 29th, 2009, 7:38 pm

What an idea! I'm going to go over every item in APOCALYPSE and make a handwritten current comment about it - other than what I might have said in my Afterthoughts. Then sell the item for, I don't know, $15.00. (Problem, of course, is that I no longer have many of the single original issues left; I do have a few.) HL.

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » December 29th, 2009, 8:29 pm

"Harry Lorayne SPEAKS"- His thoughts on Apocalypse.

This is how it works: If there is a particular effect that you would like to know Lorayne's comments on, just indicate issue or name of the effect. Pay only $9.99 per effect. Lorayne will post his answer here within 72 hours, 7 days a week.

The cost covers his time posting the response. If he has nothing to say (which is unlikely), then you will be reimbursed. But if he posts back even one word, then the charge stands as a purchase.

If you just would like to know if Lorayne has a comment on that subject you, then send just a separate charge of only $2.99.

NOTE: You are NOT receiving a copy of Apocalypse. The comment can be just one word or more. All purchases are final. No refund.

:D
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Paul Gordon

Postby Paul Gordon » December 30th, 2009, 1:51 am

Does anyone really care what Ed Marlo thought about other folks tricks, anyway? I'm not being disrespectful, but...it's not earth-shattering info.

In/on a similar vein, I'm a Sinatra collector, but I draw the line at buying cigarette-butts that FS once supposedly smoked! (As once seen on Ebay.)

Paul Gordon
Secure Online Magic Shop: https://www.paulgordon.net/shop

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » December 30th, 2009, 2:17 am

"Mark Lewis SPEAKS- His thoughts on Apocalypse"

This is how it works: If there is a particular effect that you would like to know Lewis' comments on, just indicate issue or name of the effect. Pay only $9.99 per effect. Lewis will send you an email within 72 hours, 7 days a week with the contents saying "everything published after 1954 is rubbish and I have not read it!"

NOTE: You are NOT receiving a copy of Apocalypse. All purchases are final. No refund.

;)
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

El Mystico

Postby El Mystico » December 30th, 2009, 4:35 am

is there an option to pay more to NOT hear his views?

espermachine

Postby espermachine » December 30th, 2009, 4:10 pm

Did anybody ever read the Ed Marlo letter published in an early issue of The Crimp where he critiqued, one by one, and often writing in the third-person, each effect contributed by Sadowitz and Duffie in their book Inspirations? Sadowitz's response was very funny.

Mark.Lewis

Postby Mark.Lewis » December 31st, 2009, 6:46 am

I must inform the rather silly El Mystico that if he wishes to pay me for not airing my views I will be delighted to accept. I take Paypal and as soon as I receive my first payment I will be quiet immediately.

I must further inform Mr Pecore that although I have never read a single issue of Apocalypse I expect it to be high quality nevertheless. I am a fan of Harry Lorayne's writing and always have been. NOBODY writes with the same clarity. And he is an exception to my 1954 rule. Besides a lot of his material was invented before 1954 anyway, which kind of proves my point.

Return to “Buzz”