Ron Allesi Auction

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Kevin Connolly

Ron Allesi Auction

Postby Kevin Connolly » October 5th, 2009, 12:42 am

I see that Ron is selling off his entire stock on the 24th. I wonder what happened there.

Did anyone here pick-up the Kellar poster or have an info on the poster that was sold at auction yesterday? It was the earliest one I ever saw.
Please visit my website.
http://houdinihimself.com/
I buy,sell + trade Houdini, Hardeen items.

Andrew Pinard

Re: Ron Allesi Auction

Postby Andrew Pinard » October 5th, 2009, 6:34 am

Where do you see that? I see he is selling the auction site off, but the inventory?

Kevin Connolly

Postby Kevin Connolly » October 5th, 2009, 8:50 am

The auction house is selling the inventory. It's supposed to run for 2 days. It's on the web. I'll go see if I can find it.
Please visit my website.

Kevin Connolly

Postby Kevin Connolly » October 5th, 2009, 9:01 am

Please visit my website.

Gary Hunt

Postby Gary Hunt » October 5th, 2009, 9:21 am

This reminds me of the Garry Hayes auction that took place a few years ago. A local auction house that handles estates and the like. Hope they do a better job. Wonder what the story is?

Gary Hunt
Gary Hunt
www.magicfootnotes.com

Mike Carr

Postby Mike Carr » October 5th, 2009, 7:15 pm

I believe that Ron is packing it in as he is contemplating relocating to the Philippines. ;)

Kevin Connolly

Postby Kevin Connolly » October 5th, 2009, 8:04 pm

That's what my crystall ball says too.
Please visit my website.

absoulute

Postby absoulute » October 12th, 2009, 3:56 pm

I actually tried to order something from Ron's website a few days ago (I didn't know it wasn't operational) and he emailed me back to say the website will be down for a few months but it should be back online after that. Who knows?

Garry Hayes

Postby Garry Hayes » October 16th, 2009, 10:07 am

I have been to several of the magic auctions put on by Larry McMechan. He is the grandfather of the Reed girls that you see performing at conventions. The auctions usually last two days. There have been some great deals and some nice items have turned up. It appears Larry will be handling the inventory Ron wants to sell. Larry's auctions are fun and everybody goes home with something.

Gary Hunt is a great guy. He has done some extensive research on several magicians, including Brindamour. Since Gary mentioned my name in this thread, I am compelled to try to right what I believe to be a wrong. Gary wrote an article back in 1998. I feel the article about me was non-complimentary and negative. I do not think Gary Hunt intentionally tried to hurt me, but the result was still personal about many things he either knew nothing about or chose not to report. I will let you be the judge. Even MAGIC had a mention of the Garry Hayes Bankruptcy Auction. As record, I have never filed for Bankruptcy. I never intend to. Bankruptcy is a great feature in our country. I think too many deadbeats and scam artists unjustly take advantage of it. After contacting MAGIC, they would not correct the wrong information they had supplied to the Magic World. Damage again. http://www.miraclefactory.net/mpt/view.php?id=26&type=articles

I had a Magic / Baseball Card Shop for five years. The intention was to run it for 10 years, then sell it. It was going to provide my lovely daughter's college education. I started going through a divorce in Feb of 1995. The divorce was not final until May 1996. Prior to the final divorce hearing, my wife ran up horrendous bills, expecting the Judge to force me to pay for them at the final hearing. Surprise. She had to pay for her own bills. I had to pay for my own. Plus, I got to keep the house and not pay her a penny of equity, because she had falsely had me arrested and caused me to come up with $20,000 for a criminal attorney after she cleaned out all of the bank accounts. My criminal case never made it to court. My attorney was able to demonstrate to the judge the mountain of lies that discounted her false allegations. So when she could not pay her bills, she filed bankruptcy. The bankruptcy court asked me to cooperate with them. They proved she falsely filed bankruptcy. They had proof that she lied on practically every page of the bankruptcy application. She falsely hid assets from them. When that happened, the Federal Goverment secured and took the magic collection and sold it, because it was part of the divorce decree. They held it in storage for months. It was sold and I received half of the proceeds, after expenses. The divorce court allowed me to keep about 10% - 15% of the collection, because I had it prior to marriage or someone had given the items to me during marriage. I did not pick the auction house, the Federal Government did. I did not prepare the list, the Auction House did. They stored it in a leaking, moist, damp basement for months. As a result it ruined many precious treasures. During the auction, the handling of the objects were almost sadistic. When they laid out the items on the tables, peices of tricks were separated. The morning of the auction, I was trying to put the pieces together at the last moment as a courtesy, so the bidders could get the complete item. If they had let me sell it, I would have gotten at least double what they secured, because all of the pieces would have been there and the items would have been in VG to MINT shape. Because the bankruptcy was not about me, but my ex-wife, I was criticized for bidding on items. True, I only had to pay half of my bid, because I received half of the proceeds back. So what. That meant I had to pay for items one and half times. I had already paid for every item once. The others only had to pay once. After the Auction Expenses were settled, I received half of the proceeds and the Federal Government received the other half. My recommendation to writers of magic news is: If a guy is already down and it is not his fault, do not kick him or demean him, causing more injury.

I have to admit that I have truly been blessed by God since the divorce. I have raised a great daughter. She is in her Junior Year of College. I have at least tripled the size of the magic collection I had before. I can see how Job felt and was then blessed.

Now to turn the attention from me. Ron Allesi, I wish you the best on your endeavors, whether they be here or in the Philippines.
Garry Hayes
mrmagician@bellsouth.net

TAR

Postby TAR » October 27th, 2009, 11:09 pm

I was curious to know how the auction went? Any good buys? Did Ron sell everything or did he keep a few goodies?

I wanted to go but did not want to go alone and could not find anyone going in my area.

Return to “Buzz”