A New Magic Shop in Hicksville NY

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Jester

A New Magic Shop in Hicksville NY

Postby Jester » October 1st, 2009, 1:58 pm

I just wanted to let everyone know that a new shop just opened in hicksville, NY called tricky business... anyone in the area should come down and check the store out, its only been open a week but its a nice little place where you can hang out and talk magic. they plan on having a show, lecture, workshop, or some kind of event at least once a month and they encourage hanging out.

there phone number is 516-520-4004

and there address is:
107-13 stewart ave
hicksville ny, 11801

Jim Maloney

Re: A New Magic Shop in Hicksville NY

Postby Jim Maloney » October 1st, 2009, 2:02 pm

Any connection to "The Magic Shop" that is in that same area (and is that even still open)?

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 10th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)

Jester

Postby Jester » October 1st, 2009, 5:04 pm

yea i believe they're still open. And tricky business is not affiliated with them, aside from having one of their old workers managing the place...

but they focus more on Halloween, this place has no costumes at all. its a nice place for magicians to kinda just hangout and be in the magic environment. they have a coffee pot, and places to sit, and a tv playing magic videos on all day.

Charlie Chang

Postby Charlie Chang » October 1st, 2009, 5:27 pm

Damn, I was in that area a few days ago, wish I knew about it. Are you guys near the shopping center with the IKEA?

Jester

Postby Jester » October 1st, 2009, 5:33 pm

its south of there... go south from the mall and bare right at the fork to stay on 106 (newbridge rd)then make a right onto stewart ave...

they'll be on the left hand side.

Bob Gerdes

Postby Bob Gerdes » October 1st, 2009, 6:36 pm

I just moved to this area a few months ago, and swung by "The Magic Shop" just last week. It seemed to be more of a costume store than a magic shop, as Jester said.

I'll have to check out the new joint.

Jim Maloney

Postby Jim Maloney » October 1st, 2009, 7:56 pm

Cool. "The Magic Shop" was where I went growing up. Nice to know there's another business in town. I'll be out that way this weekend, so if I have some time, I'll stop by.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 10th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)

Return to “Buzz”