Noteworthy show October 8-11 in Chattanooga, TN

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Joe M. Turner
Favorite Magician: Fred Kaps

Noteworthy show October 8-11 in Chattanooga, TN

Postby Joe M. Turner » August 31st, 2009, 1:10 pm

I know that many of you will be interested in this.

On October 8-11, illusionist Ken Hartley is doing a show in Chattanooga, TN. Ken is a minister by vocation, and he's also an excellent actor and illusionist. (In fact, we first met when we were both cast in a musical theater production in Atlanta.) Ken has studied illusions with Andre Kole, close-up with Michael Ammar, and has also worked with many others of note... including the Pendragons, prior to their recent history.

Back before the Pendragons' incident, Jonathan and Charlotte actually trained Ken and his daughter to do Metamorphosis using their techniques. Ive seen video its nearly as quick and certainly an impressive presentation. They are performing that illusion in the October show, and Ken is also performing Clearly Impossible, another well-known Pendragon piece.

Heres the thing. Since the recent fiasco, a "guest performer" who has extensive experience with that illusion has become available and she has indicated interest in traveling to Chattanooga to perform it with Ken. Also, a recent FISM Grand Prix winner has been a creative consultant for Ken on this show, and...

... well, no formal announcements have been made, and I'm not at liberty to make official comments regarding the show. I'll leave it to Ken to make his announcements when and if the party in question confirms her appearance. All I know is that there's a better-than-even chance that this show could represent some firsts with regard to these illusions.

What I can say is this -- be aware that yes, this show will have an underlying Christian message. It's not a sermon, nor a Sunday school class... but it definitely has a well-defined point of view and will challenge some pop-culture ideas relating to spirituality and Christianity. It will also be an excellent production with well-rehearsed and well-presented illusions of interest to all magic-lovers regardless of their worldviews.

You can read more about it here: http://kenhartley.com/events/100809

I hope some of you can make it.

JMT

P.S. In the interest of full disclosure, please note that I will be performing at the event -- close-up magic before the show, plus a guest spot on stage.

Return to “Buzz”