The Magic Castle

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Rebecca

The Magic Castle

Postby Rebecca » May 14th, 2009, 6:27 pm

Hi,
I am posting here because I am not sure how else to go about this. I am a single mom (which means poor!) and am trying to plan something very special for a friends birthday. My friend mentioned a couple of times how awesome it would be to go to the Magic Castle for dinner and magic. I know that a person has to know a member in order to be able to enter the castle, well, I don't know any members and was hoping that someone reading this may be kind enough to allow me to make a reservation using their membership affiliation. I understand that one can have dinner there if they stay at the hotel, but I can't afford a hotel stay and dinner.
Please forgive me if I have violated and rules or etiquette with regards to my request. I certainly mean no disrespect, nor would I want anyone to be offended. So, if anyone that reads this is able to help me out I would be most grateful. I am even willing to make for you a delicious batch of homemade cookies or some amazing cinnamon rolls! Thank you in advance!
Rebecca :)

John Lovick

Re: The Magic Castle

Postby John Lovick » May 15th, 2009, 12:46 am

Send me an email at Jack@Handsomejack.com

I can probably help you out with your Castle request.

Naphtalia

Postby Naphtalia » May 15th, 2009, 9:37 am

Smart lady who knows magicians will work for food - especially dessert!

I hope you and your friends have a great time. I am always smiling when I'm there.
Naphtalia

Impropriety is the soul of wit.

Alan Bursky

Postby Alan Bursky » May 18th, 2009, 6:46 pm

You can have dinner (If you pay of course) without having to stay at the hotel. I never heard that one before. I am sure Lovick will help you out.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 18th, 2009, 7:13 pm

Getting an invitation to the Castle isn't (and shouldn't be) a problem. But every non-member is expected to have dinner--that's how the place makes money and stays open.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Dave V

Postby Dave V » May 19th, 2009, 1:24 am

Alan Bursky wrote:You can have dinner (If you pay of course) without having to stay at the hotel. I never heard that one before. I am sure Lovick will help you out.

I've heard of that. Basically, anyone who stays at the MC Hotel gets a guest pass for the Castle... where they still have to buy dinner, of course. It just skirts the roadblock of getting an invitation.
"I still play with a full deck, I just shuffle slower"

Francesca Moffet

Postby Francesca Moffet » May 19th, 2009, 6:40 am

I'm hoping to make it to the Castle later this year.

I've been invited several times but as I have have to go to the States for meetings later in the year I should be able to squeeze in a visit. I've been dying to see it for 3 years.
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, and they both take practice.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » May 19th, 2009, 7:44 am

Make the visit Francesca. It's all you think it is, and more.

I go to LA/Vegas for work two or three times a year and ALWAYS make sure I have time to stop a couple of nights at the Castle. Usually bring a bunch of friends one night, then hang with the magicians the next.

I remember doing a Vernon trick whilst sitting on his chair. Gave me goosebumps, like playing Hendrix's guitar or something!

If you need a pass let me know.

Damian

Francesca Moffet

Postby Francesca Moffet » May 19th, 2009, 7:59 am

I definitely intend to get over to see it.

I have the tour of the Castle on DVD and I've watched it loads, it looks like an amazing place to visit. I'd probably have to be strapped to a chair when I'm there in order to stop me from bouncing off the walls as it's been built up so much to me, hehehe.
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, and they both take practice.

Scotto

Postby Scotto » May 20th, 2009, 1:40 pm

Francesca Moffet wrote:I definitely intend to get over to see it.

I have the tour of the Castle on DVD and I've watched it loads, it looks like an amazing place to visit. I'd probably have to be strapped to a chair when I'm there in order to stop me from bouncing off the walls as it's been built up so much to me, hehehe.

Be sure to let us all know when you will be there, We can ive a personal tour of the place :)

Scotto
Magically

Scotto

This email is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty, and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Francesca Moffet

Postby Francesca Moffet » May 21st, 2009, 4:20 am

Awesome! Thank you very much. :grin:

Return to “Buzz”