Have any of you noticed . . .

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Bill McFadden

Have any of you noticed . . .

Postby Bill McFadden » April 17th, 2009, 6:57 pm

. . . the uncanny resemblance between youtube singing sensation, Susan Boyle and John Ramsay? I wonder how far her village is from Ayr.

AJM

Re: Have any of you noticed . . .

Postby AJM » April 17th, 2009, 7:12 pm

Ms Boyle went to the same school as me : a year above, if memory serves - which pretty much gives my age away.

Ayr is fair distance from Blackburn, West Lothian so unlikely to be any connection there ;-) however I understand, for an encore, she does a good cylinder and coins

Cheers

Andrew

Francesca Moffet

Postby Francesca Moffet » April 17th, 2009, 7:37 pm

I was amazed by how good she was, proof you should never judge a book by it's cover. She seems like a lovely person too.

I'll be watching the Dita Von Teese tribute act on it tomorrow night. Ms Teese has all of her routines protected by copyright so it will be interesting to see what happens if she finds out about it. I'm working on a Geisha routine involving Shibari as I'd rather perform something original.
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, and they both take practice.

Timothy Drake

Postby Timothy Drake » April 17th, 2009, 7:37 pm

Bill McFadden wrote:. . . the uncanny resemblance between youtube singing sensation, Susan Boyle and John Ramsay? I wonder how far her village is from Ayr.

Ummmmm.... and that belongs in the Magic Buzz session ...why? However to answer your question.... I don't see a resemblance.

Best,

Tim

Francesca Moffet

Postby Francesca Moffet » April 17th, 2009, 8:03 pm

Simon Cowell is not a fan of magic from what I've seen.

As far as I can remember the only magic act to make it through to the finals last year was Visage, the quick change act with the bad singing.
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, and they both take practice.

David Alexander

Postby David Alexander » April 18th, 2009, 12:22 am

Francesca wrote:I was amazed by how good she was, proof you should never judge a book by it's cover. She seems like a lovely person too.

I'll be watching the Dita Von Teese tribute act on it tomorrow night. Ms Teese has all of her routines protected by copyright so it will be interesting to see what happens if she finds out about it. I'm working on a Geisha routine involving Shibari as I'd rather perform something original.

Having worked in one of the last real burlesque houses in Southern California when I was in my 20s, I'm happy to see Dita Von Teese helping to bring it back. She also owns most of the copyrights to her photos, so she won't end up like a lot of the other girls did, most notably Betty Page.

CraigMitchell

Postby CraigMitchell » April 18th, 2009, 1:21 pm

Don't tell Richard - but she was singing from Les Miserables

Kevin Connolly

Postby Kevin Connolly » April 18th, 2009, 1:49 pm

Craig Mitchell wrote:Don't tell Richard - but she was singing from Les Miserables

That would be almost the perfect title for her/him. Come on people, tell me, is she really a man? :confused:
Please visit my website.
http://houdinihimself.com/
I buy,sell + trade Houdini, Hardeen items.

Ian Kendall

Postby Ian Kendall » April 18th, 2009, 1:50 pm

Personally I think she's a ringer for Alan Rorrison.

Take care, Ian

Francesca Moffet

Postby Francesca Moffet » April 18th, 2009, 2:40 pm

According to my newspaper she has a 32 million global fanbase and won't be getting a makeover.

Things are looking up for me too as I've just been emailed about doing a photoshoot for a US magazine. That is certainly curing my migraine. :-D

Return to “Buzz”