I've lost a great friend...

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Chad Long

I've lost a great friend...

Postby Chad Long » April 2nd, 2009, 12:28 am

My good friend Seth Ossinsky died on March 29th, 2009. I knew Seth for about 30 years , having first met him when I visited the magic shop in Daytona Beach when I was 12 years old. Seth got into magic for the same reason most other young oddballs did (if we're being truly honest)- to get over shyness, make people laugh and hopefully meet girls. Magicians meeting girls, LOL, good one huh? Well, over the years, he definitely got over his shyness, made lots of people laugh and actually managed to meet some girls too! He performed magic, loved clowning and even started to do a little acting. He was in several parades in Daytona Beach and was featured in the newspaper a few times. He once ran the local magic club, travelled all over Florida attending magic meetings, and put on a nice, big magic convention a few years back.

Through the years, he became like family to me and my wife Charlene. He was around during sad times, as well as a lot of happy ones. I'll always remember the movie openings we went to, all the places we went to eat, and how he thought all the Hooter's girls loved him! I'll always remember how crazy he acted at my wedding, and how he rented a town car and drove me and Charlene all over Florida on our first anniversary. What a night! He laughed with us at parties and cried with us whenever we lost a family member or friend. He never forgot to call on a holiday, never forgot a birthday, and always told Charlene she looked beautiful. He had a big smile, and an even bigger heart. We'll always feel lucky to have had him in our lives. Goodbye Seth, we'll never forget you...

PS: Seth, if this is one of your practical jokes, and you show up at our doorstep, we're never talking to you again. Charlene and I cried for three days...you'd better be dead!

ChastainCriswell

Re: I've lost a great friend...

Postby ChastainCriswell » April 2nd, 2009, 12:39 am

Sorry about the loss bro.

Danny Archer

Postby Danny Archer » April 2nd, 2009, 2:10 pm

My condolences Chad...
Producer of MINDvention
mentalism convention

Francesca Moffet

Postby Francesca Moffet » April 3rd, 2009, 5:48 am

Sorry for your loss. Seth chatted to me a few times on MySpace, he seemed like a truly lovely guy.
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, and they both take practice.

Return to “Buzz”