CRISS ANGEL ONCE IN A LIFETIME DEAL - BETTER JUMP ON IT!

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Ray T. Stott

CRISS ANGEL ONCE IN A LIFETIME DEAL - BETTER JUMP ON IT!

Postby Ray T. Stott » February 15th, 2009, 12:39 pm

WOW!!!

$30.45 shipping on this gem which closely approximates its selling price on Amazon.

Angel impaled on a fence with a spike apparently going right through his genitals.

The above may explain a great many things about this guy.

It's not about the magic; it's about the daily box office gross.

Adrian Kuiper

Re: CRISS ANGEL ONCE IN A LIFETIME DEAL - BETTER JUMP ON IT!

Postby Adrian Kuiper » February 15th, 2009, 2:19 pm

"We're not happy until you're not happy"....

Imus via Kinky via Willie????

Adrian

Comedy Writer

Postby Comedy Writer » February 16th, 2009, 1:45 pm

$30.45 for shipping? Come on...

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » February 16th, 2009, 1:51 pm

That must all be "handling" because he says "free overnight shipping". ;-)
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » February 16th, 2009, 2:44 pm

I believe this seller is Coin Craftsman Todd Lassen. (I will probably be insulted on his blog (again) for having uttered his name.)

Brad Henderson

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 16th, 2009, 6:21 pm

I know someone who just saw the Criss Angel show the other day, after it reopened from its month-long hiatus. Rumors that five illusions were going to be added to the show are, according to my friend, false. He was also able to walk up the desk and buy 8th row center an hour before showtime.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » February 16th, 2009, 8:02 pm

So much for Criss's 108% sell out claim. (For the record, me and my three friends had our entire row to ourselves - 12 rows back I think.)

I saw the show in January. Just now starting to be able to talk about it.

My favorite moment was - when not receiving enough applause - he called the audience a bunch of "F**kers."

Yep.

F**kers.

Brad Henderson
Last edited by Brad Henderson on February 18th, 2009, 4:56 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: F-Bomb Alert

pixsmith

Postby pixsmith » February 16th, 2009, 11:32 pm

And the more important question, are you all still friends? Did misery breed company or resentment?

I have not thought of calling the audience that. Now I know what to add.

Pix

Pepka

Postby Pepka » February 17th, 2009, 1:14 am

Thanks for that Brad. This really needs to get out to the general public. Who wants to PAY to be insulted by this jerk? Mike Close said it best last year after his run in with Norm Clarke; "He's gonna have to watch his mouth next year when he's back in Jersey doing kid birthday parties."

BlueEyed Videot
Favorite Magician: Max Maven, Ray Anderson

Postby BlueEyed Videot » February 17th, 2009, 3:04 am

Ah I love the smell of burning Hubris early in the morning. It smells like, failure.
As David Bowie would say, "It's just another Rock 'n Roll suicide."

Ray T. Stott

Postby Ray T. Stott » February 17th, 2009, 4:02 am

Adrian Kuiper wrote:"We're not happy until you're not happy"....

Imus via Kinky via Willie????

Adrian

;)

Postby 000 » February 17th, 2009, 9:10 am

Try insulting the lads in working class bars in the UK as 'f**kers' if they dont applaud, and said spike could be impaled somewhere else. Im surprised no one with a few drinks in them at the show has stood up and screamed back F you, and also shocked that a performer could ever imagine that these words could endear him to any audience
Last edited by 000 on February 18th, 2009, 4:55 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: F-Bomb Alert

David Alexander

Postby David Alexander » February 17th, 2009, 9:51 am

Absent the few magicians who are buying tickets out of a desire to see a massively awful show, apparently Criss knows his audience. I guess he just forgot to add "stupid" in front of his acknowledgement of their status in his mind.

David Vamer

Postby David Vamer » February 17th, 2009, 2:51 pm

...and "gullible".

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 18th, 2009, 4:57 am

Let's avoid the F-Bombs please!

Postby 000 » February 18th, 2009, 9:46 am

Im surprised, as i said, but would have expected a few spontaneous "get up and goes"......i mean are you paying to get entertained or insulted?

I prefer DC's hired help who stand up in a row simulating a standing ovation.

Paul Q

Postby Paul Q » February 18th, 2009, 11:56 am

There is a way to say "F You" to an audience.

The AMAZING JONATHAN does it nightly, but he has learned over 1000's of shows and many years how to fit that moment into his character. When A.J. does it his crowd loves it and roars. When Criss does it, he thinks he can roll like his good friend A.J. but he has not established a premise with the audience that allows him to do so.

I am sad to see this show fail. When the Mindfreak T.V. show first aired I enjoyed it. I thought what Criss was doing was cool and good for magic and it was great to see a new magic show each week. Over time, though, his act became tiresome. It seemed more silly than magical. And then reading the mags and seeing the broken relationships, (Banachek), it made me not want to root for him anymore.
As I said...it's sad.

Pete McCabe

Postby Pete McCabe » February 18th, 2009, 3:16 pm

Charles Fleischer, the stand up comic best known as the voice of Roger Rabbit, used to end every show by flipping the audience the bird -- both hands -- and saying "F you." It was hilarious and not insulting, even.

Gord

Postby Gord » February 18th, 2009, 5:48 pm

Paul Q wrote:I am sad to see this show fail. When the Mindfreak T.V. show first aired I enjoyed it. I thought what Criss was doing was cool and good for magic and it was great to see a new magic show each week. Over time, though, his act became tiresome. It seemed more silly than magical. And then reading the mags and seeing the broken relationships, (Banachek), it made me not want to root for him anymore.
As I said...it's sad.

My feelings exactly.

Gord

Todd Lassen

Postby Todd Lassen » February 19th, 2009, 12:59 pm

"I believe this seller is Coin Craftsman Todd Lassen. (I will probably be insulted on his blog (again) for having uttered his name.)

Brad Henderson"

I never insulted you for uttering my name. I complained that you wrote a huge review for MAGIC mag of the direct KNOCKOFF of my Triple Threat gimmick without even so much as mentioning my name, AND only a few short months after Troy H. and myself had released it. That was purely political on your part, Brad. At that time, Schooltool thought it was ok to examine the gaffus that belonged to Troy Hooser when he lectured on it at the Magic Castle and then immediately began producing knockoffs, originally even calling them Triple Threats in his emails to potential customers. At the same time of your review he also took out full page ads in all the magic magazines promoting his knockoff. I also complained to Stan Allen about the situation and your review. He informed me that he would look into it and get back to me. He never did, so I called him back months later, and at that time I was informed that he had spoken to the powers that be and had decided to leave things as they were.

I should add, in all fairness, the Schooltool camp's side of the argument, that supposedly justified their actions. They claimed that since I gave credit to Paul Wilson for the original CONCEPT of magnetizing a 3 coin nest...it was just dandy to immediately start making these copies, literally WEEKS after Triple Threat hit the market. They made swooping changes by adding un-needed teflon tape and by not expanding the top shell, which of course entailed much less work. An all round crappier product in my opinion. And the price....same as the Triple Threat.

In my opinion, Schooltool's sudden and unjustified rise to fame in the coin gaffing world came from guys just like you Brad, that promoted him based SOLELY on political bias.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » February 19th, 2009, 9:02 pm

So posting pictures on your website of me was your way of complaining about my review?

One of your friends contacted me after the review, sharing your concerns. I told him that if he or you wanted to write up a contradictory history of the idea, I would see that it made it to print. Nothing was ever submitted. (I should add, this person was very professional and understanding. I was disappointed nothing was submitted.)

I positively reviewed Schoolcraft's products (3CM and Flipper) because he submitted them for review and they were of quality. I cannot review products I am not sent. If my history or information is inaccurate, I will always look at contrary evidence with an open mind. I extended that offer. Nothing was presented.

Writing up a history of this idea, whether or not in concurs with what I found, would be of value to magicians - more than posting pictures of people you do not like and calling them names, no?

Respectfully,

Brad Henderson

Jim Martin

Postby Jim Martin » February 20th, 2009, 9:10 am

Brad,

It seems to be a question of intellectual property and ethics.

Perhaps if someone lifted/plagiairized significant portions of 'The Dance', published it as their own and received acclaim for 'their' book it might be viewed similarly by the original author.
Jim Martin
St. Louis MO

Todd Lassen

Postby Todd Lassen » February 20th, 2009, 12:08 pm

Brad, that is pure crap. You knew exactly what you were doing. There is no doubt that you knew of my Triple Threat and all the politics involved when you wrote the review. End of story.

No respect for you,
Todd Lassen

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » February 24th, 2009, 5:13 pm

Hi, Jim.

I have seen my ideas appear in other people's works. I can tell you what I did - which is uninteresting, I know. But I talked to people whom I respect and clarified the history of ideas to the best of my abilities.

I can also tell you what I did not do:

I did not send the person an email with a picture of himself embedded saying something to the effect of: "Oh, now I know who you are," only for him to have his inbox email bombed moments later.

I did not call this person names on a blog.

I did not post a picture of this person next to an image of a woman getting her neck bitten by a dog and a wanted poster for a rapist.

I know, I'm SOOOOO boring that way. But I handled it like I thought an adult would/should.

We can talk about the issues or we can sling mud. I made my choice, I know others have made theirs (and will continue to make them.) I also know that this reply is likely to put me on the chopping block again. Oh well.

However, I hold out hope that perhaps - if this is important to the parties involved - they will choose to submit any contrary evidence they may have and pursue a discussion of ideas - not childish name calling.

Brad Henderson

Todd Lassen

Postby Todd Lassen » February 25th, 2009, 2:30 pm

First off, don't know anything about getting your email bombed. I don't know how to do that sort of thing. Don't recall any embedded pictures of myself and I've ALWAYS known who you are..your name is right there wherever you go. I fess up to putting your picture between 2 other candid pictures and forgot what I may have said to express my unhappiness with your actions.

But Brad, these were all AFTER the fact. After SEVERAL acts of shannanigans from you. You act all adult-like now....like you are really interested in the history of the Triple Threat...maybe something you missed sorta bull. I stick with the original accusation that you knew exactly what you were doing with your hand in the political crap. Throwing darts at your picture pales in comparison to the heinous crime of taking just deserved business away from me and delivering it to a copy cat based solely on political reasons.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 25th, 2009, 4:20 pm

Why, Todd, would Brad be interested in tossing business toward your competitor?

Todd Lassen

Postby Todd Lassen » February 25th, 2009, 5:19 pm

Dunno what the attraction is over there actually Richard. I guess the attraction is mostly that it is not Lassen. :)

magicman1953

Postby magicman1953 » February 25th, 2009, 10:07 pm

According to Robin Leach now C and Holly are splitzville as well. when are they retooling the show any word?

Ray T. Stott

Postby Ray T. Stott » February 25th, 2009, 10:34 pm

magicman1953 wrote:According to Robin Leach now C and Holly are splitzville as well. [color:#FF0000]when are they retooling the show [/color]any word?

I really don't understand why they are spending the time and money to retool.

They already have a real tool as the headliner. :D

Return to “Buzz”