Roger Smith passes away

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
pixsmith

Roger Smith passes away

Postby pixsmith » July 15th, 2008, 11:45 pm

I have sad news to report.

Longtime Texas magician Roger Smith, perhaps best known for MaxiTwist and unbelievably strong performances of "The Trick that Can't Be Explained," passed away this evening after a relatively short battle with cancer.

I had the privilege of knowing Roger only a year or so, he was interesting, funny, clever, and an amazing magical thinker. I will miss him terribly; I know that there are others in magic who will miss him more so.

If you never saw him perform the "Trick that Cannot be Explained" you missed a rare treat indeed.

Godspeed, Roger.

Van McGee

Re: Roger Smith passes away

Postby Van McGee » July 16th, 2008, 12:29 pm

Roger Smith, passed away last evening after battling cancer. He will be remembered in the magic community as the inventor of "Maxi-Twist", publisher of the "Necromancer" magazine, volumes 1,2&3 of "Inovative Magic", many small booklets and as the master of "The Trick That Can't Be Explained". Nicknamed "Machine Gun" Smith for his trademard rapid fire delivery he had only barely slowed down in the last few years. Roger has been my friend for 36 years and was a regular member of the Monday Night Magic group. We will miss him.

Van McGee

Return to “Buzz”