The REAL Secrets of Magic ! ! !

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
221erdnase

The REAL Secrets of Magic ! ! !

Postby 221erdnase » May 13th, 2008, 11:58 pm

Hey guys!

I found this great new book by Magician David Stone about the magic behind the magic.

It is exclusively available here at a great low price:
http://www.leeasher.com/store/books/clo ... stone.html

This is the best book I have purchased all year! wow!

221erdnase

Re: The REAL Secrets of Magic ! ! !

Postby 221erdnase » May 15th, 2008, 10:04 pm

i can't believe the book is only $30 plus $3.00 for shipping! its worth 10 times that!

221erdnase

Postby 221erdnase » May 16th, 2008, 1:36 am

Close-up Secrets: By David Stone

If you thought the Real Secrets of Magic DVD was amazing, wait until you read this new book! It's jam-packed with everything David couldn't talk about on his videos.

The real secrets of professional magicians are not their routines! If you want to be a pro, you don't need another book of tricks, you need a guide through the world of professional close-up magic!

Within these pages you will discover how to:

- Perform your opening trick with maximum impact.

- Establish yourself as an authority at any event.

- Get spectators to ask for your business card.

- Instantly spot the most lucrative tables when performing.

Learn the real secrets of magic with a book full of concrete advice, funny anecdotes and pointers from one of the best in the business!

Already a cult classic in France, this bestseller has finally been translated into English.

David Stone leaves no rock unturned, and literally spills every juicy technique you could imagine. He explains that the secret to how something works is only 1/16 of what it actually takes to being a magician.

Read this book and learn...

~~ 4 complete sections on how to approach a table, setting the stage for a great close-up performance.
~~ Plus 4 more sections on how to present your first trick for maximum impact.
~~ How to instantly spot the most lucrative tables.
~~ 6 steps to making a classy exit.
~~ How to get spectators and potential clients to ask for your business card every time.
~~ The best time to promote yourself hint, its not during the performance.
~~ How to make your agency look good, if you use one.
~~ Make spectators feel lucky to have received extra attention.
~~ What to do about a request for an encore at a table.
~~ 2 strong principles and 15 phrases designed to elicit applause.
~~ The best moment to cut in for the best effect. Youll also learn to manage the timing of an event for a smooth gig.
~~ Rules for table magic performances (ignore these and you could be performing at the absolute worst time.)
~~ How to get other tables to request you; discover David Stones unique private methods.

Also learn the rules for table magic performances, what to do about a request for an encore at a table, the best time to promote yourself, and even how to win over an audience.

Youll find even more within these pages, including a conclusion that will inspire you in the move from amateur to professional.

David's book, 'Close-Up Secrets', reveals the rest of what you truly need to know.

If you order the book now, instantly receive two bonus PDFs written by David Stone: The STONE DROP, and the Moorea Straw. Both are small pieces of sleight of hand he uses when working for laymen.

They are sent automatically to your *inbox. Read both these PDFs while waiting patiently for the book to be delivered to your mailbox. ----> *Please check your Junk/Spam folder when you dont receive your PDF bonuses immediately after the purchase, especially if you have a free email account like Yahoo, Hotmail, and Gmail.

Be the first on your block to own this amazing book, take advantage of the strong information, and become a better magician.

Purchase David Stone's Close-Up Secrets for $30.00

plus $3.00 shipping and handling to anywhere in the world!

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 16th, 2008, 1:22 pm

Why do I have the vague feeling that you are David Stone, or a good friend of his?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Jeffrey Korst

Postby Jeffrey Korst » May 16th, 2008, 1:46 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:Why do I have the vague feeling that you are David Stone, or a good friend of his?

Because you have the master list of posters real names?

Or was that a rhetorical question?

Happy Birthday, Richard.

221erdnase

Postby 221erdnase » June 9th, 2008, 12:18 am

has anyone else purchased this book yet?

http://www.leeasher.com/store/books/clo ... stone.html

this book has made me a better magician.

10/10 ! ! ! !

Robert Newman

Postby Robert Newman » June 9th, 2008, 2:21 am

[size:17pt][font:Times New Roman][color:#FF0000]"David Stone leaves no rock unturned..." [/color][/font][/size]

[font:Times New Roman][size:14pt]Am I the only one who finds this partial quotation from the abovementioned book description humorous? [/size][/font] :)
"A sound magician is a mighty god."
-Christopher Marlowe

Elliot Gorton

Postby Elliot Gorton » June 9th, 2008, 10:49 am

It's all deceptive and salesman-y.

Not trying to ruffle any feathers but, I guess I'm just sick of sales letters.

I mean I'm almost certain that it produced some results and me posting here is probably going to get a couple of hits on the link. Fine and good. Capitalism rules, but...

I would have chosen a different way to push this book on the forum.

For instance, how about a real conversation instead of the false sense of urgency? You can stretch a sales letter out over a period of days, by breaking it up into an objection answering conversation followed by a close/call to action (as opposed to a one shot pitch.)

I hope this isn't offensive. I just think that a responsible marketing effort would call for you to RESPOND to the people who are asking questions...sales 101 says questions are buying signals...just my perspective on marketing.

I like Lee's email newsletter though.
He puts up some cool stuff.
For instance this week he sent out a nice card force. Another time he posted a video of all the variations of the Asher Twist that have been posted online. That was neat.

Also on his website there is the Mike Ammar lecture tour documentary. Pretty cool stuff. You get to see what it's like to be on the road Mike Ammar! You can't get that anywhere except Lee Asher's site.

Lots of other cool stuff too. Products and special deals.

Oh well, just my opinion.

Peas Out,
E

P.S. As I think about it, I'm really just comparing marketing styles. Still I'll leave it and hopefully it won't turn into flames.
www.savetheinternet.com
www.myspace.com/elliotgorton
http://twitter.com/elliotmagic

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » June 9th, 2008, 11:20 am

Does it really matter what damage one does to the dignity of our art and reputation of our craft as long as one can laugh all the way to the bank?
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

CraigMitchell

Postby CraigMitchell » June 9th, 2008, 12:49 pm

The book is well worth buying - highly enjoyable ...

And in the interests of transparency - this was not a paid testimonial ( unlike 221erdnase ;-)

Philippe Billot

Postby Philippe Billot » June 10th, 2008, 11:37 am

Richard Kaufman wrote:Why do I have the vague feeling that you are David Stone, or a good friend of his?

Really ?

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 10th, 2008, 12:02 pm

The sales push is way too hard for a disinterested party. Anyone is free to come on the Forum and sell pretty much any magic item.

There's no need to hide behind a pseudonym and say how great your own products are. That's transparent and it makes me doubt how good the product really is because my [censored] detector IS ON RED!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

ScottPeterson

Postby ScottPeterson » June 11th, 2008, 1:09 pm

Richard,

I like seeing when your own B.S. detector pegs out...!

B.S. meters from reputable members of our community are worthy of taking notice of.

I keep mine up and running constantly too.

Scott Peterson

Return to “Buzz”