Update on Dan Harlan

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Naphtalia

Update on Dan Harlan

Postby Naphtalia » April 23rd, 2008, 4:54 pm

Dan Harlan had a court date 4/22. Following that, he was kind enough to share the following with me and to give me permission to pass the information on:

Well, the process continues... but there's good news. My lawyer is asking for Treatment in lieu of conviction and both the judge and the prosecutor are cooperative. The judge says, "No record? Go ahead." The prosecutor, however, is "considering" it, since the current charges don't allow for it. So, first he has to get the charges lowered (by whatever magical legal process,) then he can agree to Treatment.....Anyway, they've set another date for a pre-trial confernce in about a month when everything MAY be resolved

-- Dan Harlan

My take - the system works. Harlan has not had a drink since January when this happened. He has taken responsibilities for his actions. To me, it sounds like a just, compassionate and intelligent solution.
Naphtalia

Impropriety is the soul of wit.

Dave Andrews

Re: Update on Dan Harlan

Postby Dave Andrews » April 23rd, 2008, 7:21 pm

Thanks for that, let's hope the good news continues.

Dave

Joe M. Turner
Favorite Magician: Fred Kaps

Re: Update on Dan Harlan

Postby Joe M. Turner » April 23rd, 2008, 9:55 pm

When I was working the Castle a couple of weeks ago, I had the good fortune to spend a little while with Dan. He looked great and I was glad to see him. He even did a little magic in the main bar area for some folks I was chatting with.

Prayers...

Return to “Buzz”