Tell all Siegfried and Roy book due out...

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
MaxNY
Favorite Magician: Jeff McBride

Tell all Siegfried and Roy book due out...

Postby MaxNY » April 4th, 2008, 7:48 pm

Today's New York Post, (Friday April 4, 2008) columnist Cindy Adams announced a book titled "The Secret life of Siegfried and Roy: How the Tigers Tamed Las Vegas", written by Jimmy Lavery, Jim Mydlach, and Henrietta Tiefenthaler. The book details (turn away kids) romps with young guys on far-off beaches and foursomes with Liberace and his very alive boy chauffeur. It says Siegfried feared animals, never held the leashes, and animal trainer Roy basically never knew from magic tricks. Also explained are body doubles, and slim concealed parts. Inch by inch we are told how these 60-something year olds were losing it before the attack. "Exhaused...yearning to relax and party with pals...they began taking more vacations..spent less time with the cats...could no longer remember their names" Page 195 To Roy "The attack actually came as a relief" It meant they'd have to retire. The publisher is Phoenix.
Also mentioned in the same article, Carmen Electra's very first gig was at a magic show at a theme park in Ohio. " I was the girl they sawed in half".

Kurt Lee Flickner

Re: Tell all Siegfried and Roy book due out...

Postby Kurt Lee Flickner » April 4th, 2008, 8:34 pm

I just wanna know who was the magician that sawed Carmen in half?
Kurt Lee Flickner
www.MagicEstateSale.com

MaxNY

Postby MaxNY » April 5th, 2008, 1:20 am

The article did not say. I just want to know what kind of "slim concealed parts".

CraigMitchell

Postby CraigMitchell » April 5th, 2008, 9:33 am

Tabloid gossip from ex-employees who failed in their attempts to extort cash from the duo. Sounds like nothing more than garbage

MaxNY

Postby MaxNY » April 5th, 2008, 12:46 pm

Problem with that is extortion is a major crime in America.

CraigMitchell

Postby CraigMitchell » April 5th, 2008, 5:14 pm

"Problem with that is extortion is a major crime in America. "
Only if you get caught ;-)

One needs to question ex-employees who lose their wrongful-dismissal lawsuits and then go on to write "tell all books"

I'm fascinated though that they believe they can make cash out of such an enterprise.

Truly - how many people are possibly going to be that interested in parting with cash to read the 'inner secrets' of 2 retired showmen

Magic Newswire

Postby Magic Newswire » April 5th, 2008, 5:53 pm

There have been a few article in the tabloids over the last few weeks discussing this book but, I decided to ignore them at the Magic Newswire because they sounded far too much like the Enquirer. I can't see that anyone will care enough to make it a viable topic. Most of them have discussed things like the interior decor and such.. Just my opinion.

MaxNY

Postby MaxNY » April 5th, 2008, 8:07 pm

Today's New York Post (April 5,2008) reports on it's "Page Six" that ex-security chief Jim Mydlach recalls that when beloved tiger Sahra died of kidney failure, Roy demanded that she be cremated. "By this time Sahra had gone into tiger rigor mortis, so there was no hope in stuffing the huge cat into the tiny furnace. But Roy...didn't want to hear it. He wanted the cat cremated and brought back to the house as soon as possible, and he insisted that the ashes still be warm when they got to him". After they cut up the cat, Roy had the ashes placed up on the shelves, along his bedroom walls, lined with other urns containing the remains of his dogs and big cats...
Reminds me when I was entertaining a group from Kraft on a cruise around Manhattan, as we were boarding the boat, I looked over the sides and noticed all sorts of debris knocking up-side the boat. Afterwards I got called to the Captain and was asked to show them a trick or two. "Only if you tell me a great story about this majestic harbor, and what kind of debris he has seen floating around"..."Back in the day of the "Sopranos" there was a giraffe floating around for weeks, and became really ripe!" I guess it passed at the Bronx Zoo and a couple of goons were hired to "make it disappear".

Gord

Postby Gord » April 6th, 2008, 12:21 am

[quote=Craig Mitchell

Truly - how many people are possibly going to be that interested in parting with cash to read the 'inner secrets' of 2 retired showmen [/quote]

I will admit that I will buy a copy of the book for my collection, but beyond that I never would. I've never much cared for these "Tell all" books.
I remember when I was a kid I would read the Enquirer like it was the bible and believe everything they wrote. Then Carol Burnett sued and I realised it was all garbage.

Gord

David Alexander

Postby David Alexander » April 6th, 2008, 1:58 am

Siegfried and Roy owed us one thing only: a good show for the price of our ticket. The times I saw them, they delivered.

Beyond that, who cares?

Rennie

Postby Rennie » April 6th, 2008, 12:06 pm

David Alexander wrote:Siegfried and Roy owed us one thing only: a good show for the price of our ticket. The times I saw them, they delivered.

Beyond that, who cares?

David,
I totally agree. Let their personal lives alone. I think every celebrity (and most everyone else) has a skeleton in their closet anyway.
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve is not !!

JimChristianson

Postby JimChristianson » April 6th, 2008, 2:46 pm

Even if all the above is true, so what? Roy, himself, has taken personal responsibility for the attack. And the rest is just life.

Travis
Favorite Magician: Charles Morritt

Postby Travis » April 6th, 2008, 3:02 pm

Did the boys ever sell any of their stage props in the wake of the show closing?

MaxNY

Postby MaxNY » April 6th, 2008, 9:33 pm

So David you don't think its crazy to have urns of dead cats in your bedroom? This sounds like good reading to me.
The Carol Burnett thing was twenty years ago, people would be suing the Enquirer right and left if there was any falsehoods.
I am once again getting tired of threadheads poo pooing stupid gossip. Stay off this thread if you don't like gossip. I bought the Sig and Roy book Mastering the Impossible, and really thought that wasn't worth two dollars. It was empty. These guys really owned Las Vegas for two decades. Yet their lives together or apart have been the biggest mystery of all. I want to believe that all the stories from this book are probably true. Both men were pretty damn quirky if you asked me. And another thing, they were making...? what 30-40 Million a year, and their stupid, petty prize to the best magician contest, was..what? $5000 dollars. A piss in the sea. That was all they could pony up, to the best magician in the States. That my magic friends was the biggest insult of all.

Arnie Fuoco

Postby Arnie Fuoco » April 6th, 2008, 9:43 pm

I agree with Renee--none of this Enquirer stuff is important or interesting. What has it got to do with the art of Magic?
Arnie Fuoco

Brandon Hall

Postby Brandon Hall » April 7th, 2008, 12:13 pm

It sounds like "show biz" to me
"Hope I Die Before I Get Old"
P. Townshend

CraigMitchell

Postby CraigMitchell » April 7th, 2008, 2:43 pm

"And another thing, they were making...? what 30-40 Million a year, and their stupid, petty prize to the best magician contest, was..what? $5000 dollars. A piss in the sea. That was all they could pony up, to the best magician in the States. That my magic friends was the biggest insult of all. "

I don't see too many other performers giving as much by way of support over as long a period as S&R have done over the years ...

Contests are about a lot more than simply money ...

Your warped belief that S&R's support of the magic community should be denigrated simply because they have been successful is what is quite frankly most insulting of all.

Rennie

Postby Rennie » April 7th, 2008, 4:13 pm

Craig Mitchell wrote:I don't see too many other performers giving as much by way of support over as long a period as S&R have done over the years ...

Contests are about a lot more than simply money ...

Craig,
I could not agree more...You my friend are right on !!!
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve is not !!

Terry

Postby Terry » April 7th, 2008, 6:37 pm

Beyond that, who cares?

Only people with no or pathetic lives.

JimChristianson

Postby JimChristianson » April 7th, 2008, 6:52 pm

>>>I bought the Sig and Roy book Mastering the Impossible, and really thought that wasn't worth two dollars. It was empty.>>>

It was a blueprint for how to contol your public image by two of the best. Well, for those who had eyes to see, anyway...

Return to “Buzz”