Head Genii Performs and Talks

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Bill Wells

Head Genii Performs and Talks

Postby Bill Wells » March 30th, 2008, 5:30 pm

The local National Capitol Ring 50 presented it's annual MagiWhirl convention this weekend and the head Genii was one of the featured close up acts. He performed a number of card classics and concluded with his handling of Cliff Green's "Phoenix Aces" - a wonderful effect that is too seldom performed. Richard also agreed to a question and answer session that was both interesting and informative as he reflected on his early days in magic and the trials and tributions of editing and publishing his many books and Genii.

Richard, you should get away from the computer more often and allow your performer side to shine. It was most enjoyable seeing and hearing you.

Bill
Bill Wells

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Head Genii Performs and Talks

Postby Richard Kaufman » March 30th, 2008, 9:43 pm

Thanks, Bill, but my diminishing technical ability demands fewer performances rather than more! :)
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Arnie Fuoco

Re: Head Genii Performs and Talks

Postby Arnie Fuoco » March 31st, 2008, 12:20 am

I'll second Bill Wells take on the "Phoenix Aces". Don't know where Richard has the time to keep this effect competitive. I also liked the Krenzel Gun trick.
From the Q&A session, I learned a lot about the details of publishing a magazine and also about producing a worthwhile magic DVD. Richard stayed around long after the session to answer any and all questions. An interesting experience.

Now if I can only find "Phoenix Reborn" in that 1979 book.
Arnie Fuoco

Return to “Buzz”