'Re-Pop' - Resealing Pop Can. Best of all, it's free...

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Scott

Re: 'Re-Pop' - Resealing Pop Can. Best of all, it's free...

Postby Scott » May 31st, 2002, 5:11 pm

Tim, careful, he didn't say he was copying and pasting these posts to magicsucks.com. He said he was "linking" it at magicsucks.com.

Not the same as cutting and pasting, as it's a direct link to the original, not a copy.

Tim Ellis

Postby Tim Ellis » May 31st, 2002, 5:20 pm

Well Scott,

STEVE FEARSON: "I have collected all the posts from this board which contain my name, along with individual responses to the attacks from other boards around the globe and will be linking to all of them here: http://magicsucks.com

The entire collection, along with Richard's selective editing shows a disturbing and deliberate attempt to damage my business and reputation."

Collecting? Without cutting? How is this done? No, don't tell me, let me pay $29.95 for the secret.

STEVE FEARSON: "I am going to let you state your case and that's it for me." "You get the last word.."

Another lie...

Fearson

Postby Fearson » May 31st, 2002, 5:29 pm

I didn't say most things that Tim said I was saying.

More importantly, I didn't say what it says I did in the original post that started this thread which was the only thing I came on here to clear up.

Instead, we find out that Tim is pitching his version as the trick done on tv. Even though he admits he doesn't know if his version was done on tv.

The fact is, that the trick I am selling is basically the same effect done on tv. As far as the effect that people saw.. it's the same trick.

The routine and combination of methods that Steve P offers in his manuscipt is new. The basic methods used are quite old and they are credited. They are not credited to Ellis or Anders becasue they pre-date Ellis and Anders.

Now that I've had a chance to think about this..

I seem to remember Harkey both uncrushing AND resealing a can during a lecture in the early 90's.

Who came first with the uncrushing? I don't need to worry about that, I guess Anders does.

The only thing I can see that someone may accuse me of is leading people to believe that the effect I am selling is the same effect blaine did on the special. Well, it is the same effect. Maybe a dent popped out, but nobody saw it.. so it didn't happen.

If a tree falls in the forest..

I don't see anyone attacking dealers for selling the Balducchi video as "The levitation David Blaine did on TV". You never even saw it. Isn't that misleading customers?

My customers are very happy because I am giving them what I promised which is the ability to "Recreate the Magic you saw on TV"

I'm done with this discussion. For real this time, I promise!

Steve Fearson

Jim Maloney_dup1

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » May 31st, 2002, 6:50 pm

Originally posted by Steve Fearson:
I didn't say most things that Tim said I was saying.
Interesting...now you're going to try denying that you said things which are clearly posted here for everyone to see. Maybe you should go back and re-read your own posts, if your memory is that bad.

More importantly, I didn't say what it says I did in the original post that started this thread which was the only thing I came on here to clear up.
Well, sure, if you want to get technical, you didn't mention Blaine's show at all. But the clear implication is that you are referring to his show. Hmm...shortly after the special airs, there is an effect being given away on your site that claims to allow you to "Recreate the magic you saw on TV!" (That's a direct quote from your website, so don't try to say you didn't say that either). I wonder...if it is not referring to Blaine's show, what are you referring to then?

Instead, we find out that Tim is pitching his version as the trick done on tv. Even though he admits he doesn't know if his version was done on tv.
What? Where does Tim pitch that?

The fact is, that the trick I am selling is basically the same effect done on tv. As far as the effect that people saw.. it's the same trick.
Basically, huh? So then you admit that it's not. Then why are you claiming it is?

The routine and combination of methods that Steve P offers in his manuscipt is new. The basic methods used are quite old and they are credited. They are not credited to Ellis or Anders becasue they pre-date Ellis and Anders.
Ah, so they shouldn't be credited because others predate them. So why is Paul Harris credited? John Kennedy's version predates him. I suppose that Al Schneider shouldn't be credited with "Matrix" -- after all, Yank Hoe predates him. Oh, that's right...Al took Yank's effect, reworked it, and improved upon it. Hmm...

Now that I've had a chance to think about this..

I seem to remember Harkey both uncrushing AND resealing a can during a lecture in the early 90's.

Who came first with the uncrushing? I don't need to worry about that, I guess Anders does.
From Tim's notes: "Anders was inspired by hearing about a magician doing a crushed and restored soda can. That magician turned out to be David Harkey, and the mehtod Anders devised for the effect turned out to be completely different from David's." Notice the words "completely different." Think about that.

The only thing I can see that someone may accuse me of is leading people to believe that the effect I am selling is the same effect blaine did on the special. Well, it is the same effect. Maybe a dent popped out, but nobody saw it.. so it didn't happen.

If a tree falls in the forest..
Ah, so because you think no one saw it, it didn't happen. Good luck with that defense. I've got news for you, I saw it happen, and so did a lot of other people.

I don't see anyone attacking dealers for selling the Balducchi video as "The levitation David Blaine did on TV". You never even saw it. Isn't that misleading customers?
Ah yes, the same defense you used with the Self-Folding Bill situation -- "Well, everyone else is doing it, so why are you picking on me?" No, that's not a direct quote, but that's the basic argument you're making. And it's just as weak here as it is there. "But officer, everybody around here deals drugs...why are you arresting me?" And, before you say it, yeah, the two situations are different, but the argument is still invalid and completely irrelevant.

My customers are very happy because I am giving them what I promised which is the ability to "Recreate the Magic you saw on TV"
Is there anyone that can vouch for that? How many direct comments have you gotten on "Re-Pop?" Could you perhaps have some of your customers come here and tell us for themselves how happy they are?

I'm done with this discussion. For real this time, I promise!

Steve Fearson
If you say so...

-Jim

Tim Ellis

Postby Tim Ellis » May 31st, 2002, 7:57 pm

STEVE PELLEGRINO, in an earlier post, asked "So who's pocket am I taking money out of?"

Well, people who want to buy the trick they saw Blaine do on TV send their money to you, not to Anders Moden. So, in answer to your question:

1) You're taking $7.95 from them.
2) You're taking the potential sale from Anders Moden.

You have suggested that people should buy both versions! But people are so deceived by your ad, they think they are getting EXACTLY what Blaine did when they buy your trick. How do I know? Emails like this one (received ten minutes ago):

"Check out www.geniimagazine.com - specifically, all the postings on their bulletin board. It seems the soda can bit is out of the bag. Steve Fearson offers the secret for free with a minimal purchase, while www.saintlouismagic.com (??) offers it for $8."

This email came from a prominent magic dealer who has my notes, but assumes that your product is exactly the same. Gee... I wonder how he would have got that idea?

You are NOT selling the same trick BLAINE did, Mr Pellegrino. Stop telling people that you are. As for the slightly more subtle Mr Fearson, stop IMPLYING that you are.

Should I give up on these guys folks?

I'll hand it over to you VERY patient Forum readers.

Post your verdict and we'll close this thread!

Jim Maloney_dup1

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » May 31st, 2002, 8:31 pm

Originally posted by Tim Ellis:
You have suggested that people should buy both versions! But people are so deceived by your ad, they think they are getting EXACTLY what Blaine did when they buy your trick.
Just one more note on this...people aren't directed to this website where they are given the history of the effect and are urged to buy all the versions anymore. At least, not when they buy directly from Steve Pellegrino's site. Why is that, Steve?

-Jim

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 31st, 2002, 9:24 pm

Okay, I think we've all had enough of this. We all know a turd when we see it: looks like a turd, smells like a turd, and tastes like a turd. I'm done with these turds ... aren't you? Topic closed.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Return to “General”