Nintendo Magic Tricks?

Discuss general aspects of Genii.

Nintendo Magic Tricks?

Postby Guest » October 20th, 2007, 10:17 am

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/10/mas ... illus.html

Just seen a review of this and it looks really interesting. A new genre of 'game'. It essentially is a series of card tricks that involve you 'secretly' telling your nintendo DS what card was selected via secret button presses.

Re: Nintendo Magic Tricks?

Postby Guest » October 20th, 2007, 10:34 am

This Nintendo software already sold in Japan.

Here's link :(This is Japanese official site by Nintendo)
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/ajqj/
In Japan,This software come with special deck of cards.

This is collaboration work of Tenyo and Nintendo, I think.
They based on late Alex Elmsley's "Mouse Magic" (like their own "Virtual Magician").
If you have Nintendo DS,It's must-buy. You'll use some tricks everytime!

Sincerely,
Y

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » October 21st, 2007, 3:45 am

Angelo Carbone was involved in this project. He showed a small group of magicians gathered at John Derris's house the program several months ago. It is based, loosely, on Mouse Magic, but taken to higher levels because of the Nintendo DS's features like double screen, microphone, etc.

Matt Field

Postby Guest » October 21st, 2007, 4:51 am

Dear Mr.Matt,

Did you heard about any difference between Japanese version and English version??
If these have some difference,I want to buy English version!

Sincerely,
Y

Postby Guest » October 21st, 2007, 4:53 am

Originally posted by Matthew Field:
Angelo Carbone was involved in this project. He showed a small group of magicians gathered at John Derris's house the program several months ago. It is based, loosely, on Mouse Magic, but taken to higher levels because of the Nintendo DS's features like double screen, microphone, etc.

Matt Field
Well if Mr Carbone was involved and it is based, loosely, on Mouse Magic, then I'm going to get it! I had Mouse Magic and it was wonderful. The idea that I can carry round a nintendo DS and perform similar effects... Wow.

And I may be 35 but I do own a DS. :)

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » October 21st, 2007, 7:12 am

The version Angelo showed us was the Japanese version. The English language version had not yet appeared.

Matt Field

Bill Withers

Postby Bill Withers » October 21st, 2007, 10:31 am

I"m not sure if it's the same thing, but I vaguely remember a "magic lookign" DS game when I was in Japan a few months ago.

Postby Guest » October 21st, 2007, 4:24 pm

Um, would someone be kind enough to tell my wife I must have this and a Nintendo DS.
She doesn't believe it when I say it anymore.

I wonder why?

Gord

Postby Guest » October 21st, 2007, 5:14 pm

Originally posted by Gord Gardiner:
Um, would someone be kind enough to tell my wife I must have this and a Nintendo DS.
She doesn't believe it when I say it anymore.

I wonder why?

Gord
Play the 'brain age' card. Say it will be increasing your mental agility and is therefore A Good Thing.

Postby Guest » October 25th, 2007, 5:22 pm

Just want to clarify my contribution to the Nintendo DS magic. I helped with the translation in regards to British words and American words so they would be understood in any English speaking country. Also helped out with the odd trick or two.

I have had the Japanese version for a while now as Matt said. It really is great stuff. One trick is you ask someone to name any one of 52 cards or freely select a face down card and you then draw a face on the screen. The face suddenly becomes animated and actually speaks the selected card. No force.

Worth getting.

Angelo

Return to “General”