Trying to find info on a buried alive escape with a steel plate from a 1990's magic TV special

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
CSEverett
Favorite Magician: Dayle Krall

Trying to find info on a buried alive escape with a steel plate from a 1990's magic TV special

Postby CSEverett » October 17th, 2023, 5:17 pm

Hello. I trying to find out information and basic details (don't know who or what year) on a buried alive escape that was on one of those 1990's televised magic specials, one with a large numbers of performers and illusions. It only got a few minutes of screentime, but I do distinctly remember that uniquely it involved being covered with a steel plate with a small hole in it to find and squeeze through. I haven't seen that elsewhere (but I don't know a particularly large amount either.) Anybody happen to know anything about it (which special, who did it, etc.)?

Thanks.

John M. Dale

Re: Trying to find info on a buried alive escape with a steel plate from a 1990's magic TV special

Postby John M. Dale » October 17th, 2023, 6:35 pm

I can’t guarantee I’m right, but my memory suggests this was Lance Burton.

JMD

Robert77

Re: Trying to find info on a buried alive escape with a steel plate from a 1990's magic TV special

Postby Robert77 » October 18th, 2023, 1:09 am

I could be wrong but the holes in a steel plate remind me of something I think I read in one of the Gibson books about all Houdini's escapes. An expose not a discussion. I can't find my copy right now.

Tom Moore

Postby Tom Moore » October 18th, 2023, 4:14 am

Lance burton - https://youtu.be/02Afpc-rXRM?si=q7wtt0cl3-Jc3a9F

His tv specials were produced by Gary Oulette who produced all those other glossy multi magician tv specials and had the same creative team on all of theme so they do all look and feel the same - even down to the music :-p
"Ingenious" - Ben Brantley: New York Times

thomasmoorecreative

Return to “General”