AC Top Hat

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
PressureFan
Favorite Magician: Brian Gillis

AC Top Hat

Postby PressureFan » July 29th, 2023, 7:40 pm

It’s not pretty, but I had to dig out my old ‘air conditioned’ top hat. I had a 3-hour strolling gig outdoors in 105-degree heat.

https://youtu.be/-OjzqJY1FLw

Two micro fans and four AAA batteries. One is the intake, the other is the exhaust.
Next year I’m going to make one with a straw top hat. I've seen some real nice ones.

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Re: AC Top Hat

Postby MagicbyAlfred » July 30th, 2023, 8:24 am

What a creative idea, Pressure fan. I don't know what moniker you use in performance, but it seems like you should have some sort of zany, eccentric name to go with the hat, a name perhaps preceded by "Professor" or "Doctor." A 3-hour strolling gig in 105 degree heat is bordering on torture. I hope you were paid handsomely for your work! Brings back memories to outdoor events I worked back in the 90's and early 2000's during the summer months in South Florida. The humidity is what made it really brutal. I would sometimes go through 3 decks of cards in a 2-hour time span. Later, when I moved to San Francisco, it was heavenly -- temperatures ranging mainly in the low to mid-sixties in the summer. The straw hat sounds like it will be a good innovation.

Return to “General”