Magazine condition

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Seadenis
Favorite Magician: Marlo

Magazine condition

Postby Seadenis » May 14th, 2022, 11:29 pm

Greetings

A while back I posted a concern about the condition of the magazine when I receive it in the mail. Last month I asked for a replacement since the magazine, despite it being in the plastic cover was torn. As a long time collector of the magazine I would like to receive a copy in a pristine condition so I can add it to my collection. This month the bottom corner was folder over and there was a small tear in the cover. For such an amazing magazine with the contents being so valued can’t something be done to improve this? Is any one else sharing my experience?

Best.
C. Pierce

erdnasephile

Re: Magazine condition

Postby erdnasephile » May 15th, 2022, 9:25 am

C. Pierce: I haven't had a problem with damaged magazines; however, damaged hard cover books (when they are not shipped in boxes) are really common for me when shipped by USPS.

(Bless folks like Kaufman & Company, Penguin Magic, Vanishing, Inc., and RP Magic for packing books so well! I wish some others would consider following their lead. If I'm already paying for an expensive hardcover, I'd rather be charged a few bucks more for a sturdy box than to receive a damaged book shipped in one of those bubble envelopes.)

Seadenis
Favorite Magician: Marlo

Postby Seadenis » May 15th, 2022, 10:18 am

Thanks. I too have experienced it. I would not mind paying a few extra bucks for a better plastic mailer for the magazine :)

Dennis

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » May 15th, 2022, 10:23 pm

For context: I just checked my recent copies of MUM and the Linking Ring, both of which are sent in similar polybags as Genii is. I've not seen damage with those publications either. (Guess I'm just lucky with magazines.)

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » May 16th, 2022, 9:39 am

I'm in Canada and have never experienced the issue with the issue.

Return to “General”