Genii Backs

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Chris Aguilar

Genii Backs

Postby Chris Aguilar » July 4th, 2019, 5:17 pm

Was playing around and am genuinely on the fence about whether I like these or not. Of course, this is just for fun, they're not official or endorsed or anything like that. Call it fan art. :mrgreen:

Created with Inkscape.

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Re: Genii Backs

Postby Q. Kumber » July 4th, 2019, 6:05 pm

They look good to me. You've put in a lot of work.

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » July 4th, 2019, 6:19 pm

Q. Kumber wrote:They look good to me. You've put in a lot of work.

Thanks!

It might look complex or like a lot of work, but (due to a lot of practice creating various backs) this one took less than an hour to put together. And most of that was making sure the seamless pattern worked correctly.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » July 4th, 2019, 10:10 pm

The all-over back designs are not viable because they are one way. That can't be avoided because of problems with registration control.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Chris Aguilar

Postby Chris Aguilar » July 4th, 2019, 10:58 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:The all-over back designs are not viable because they are one way. That can't be avoided because of problems with registration control.

Yeah, pretty unavoidable unless one wants to throw down a bunch of cash to carta mundi or someone with the proper quality control right? Hah, now that they own USPCC, perhaps they'll tighten up their quality control for bikes.

I think if the pattern is a bit more complex/busy (like this one, as opposed to a bee type back) the registration problems might be a little less obvious.

I've always like the look of an overall bee type (or any nice pattern) back, even though I don't ever really use 'em.

Return to “General”