Magic in Budapest

Discuss general aspects of Genii.

Magic in Budapest

Postby Guest » March 16th, 2007, 3:21 am

I'll be spending thursday the 12:th to sunday the 15:th of April in Budapest and was wondering if anyone knows of any magical happenings or shops in the area.

I know for sure that there is one magic shop there but have not managed to Google my way to its name or address.

Many thanks in advance,

/Tomas

Re: Magic in Budapest

Postby Guest » March 16th, 2007, 5:07 am

Tomas, I think a magician named Jupiter has a shop in Budapest. But I am not sure on the name. One of my ebook authors, Jozsef Kovacs is from Budapest. I will ask him.

Best,
Chris...

Postby Guest » March 16th, 2007, 5:17 am

Mr. Jupiter's shop is in Budakeszi, just outside Budapest.

http://www.magiccenterhungary.com/?lang=hu

Postby Guest » March 16th, 2007, 6:25 am

Thank you very much, guys. I also got a lead on www.jokermagic.com which is right there in Budapest.

/Tomas

Postby Guest » March 26th, 2007, 12:10 pm

I remember the only walk in-store used to FIGARO right in Budapest.
The others Jupiter and Joker used to be manufacturers that produced in their homes.

Postby Guest » March 30th, 2007, 5:39 am

I found a magic shop close to the centre of Budapest a couple of years ago, although I came across it on the afternoon of the last day I was there - when it was shut.

If you first find the Gellert Hotel, which is a major landmark on the Buda side of the river. The hotel is directly to the left of the big rocky hill (near the cave) on the Buda side, and it's right on the river so it it very easy to spot. Then go up the street that goes up the left hand side of the hotel - I think the magic shop was somewhere up there on the right.

Sean

kenguru

Postby kenguru » March 30th, 2007, 10:22 am

There are 3 manufacturers here in Hungary, the two already mentioned and Astor Magic ( www.astormagic.com ).

If you would like to buy directly from them when you are here I suggest you make an appointment as they do not have a shop.

The only magic shop is indeed Figaro, and as Sean wrote its near Hotel Gellert. The is at the 11th district at 31 Bartk Bla road (phone number 365-1482 when calling from Budapest, on mobile phones add 06-1 in front).

There is a weekly gathering of magicians in Budapest on Tuesday from 7 PM in the Feszek Klub (go up to the second floor and ask around - its not a large place) at the corner of Kertesz st. and Dob st. (6th district).

Would have been nice to meet you myself but I will be in Israel during your stay here. If you would like too meet others please PM me with your contact information and I will forward it to others I know are welcoming in their nature :-)

Have a nice stay.
Haim

mattfoster

Postby mattfoster » April 28th, 2008, 3:34 am

Hi

I found this site whilst searching for a magician in Budapest. Does any body know if there are any table magicians in Budapest? I will be attending a trade show soon, and would like to hire a magician to walk around and give 5 minutes to each of the other exhibitors (who are my potential clients) Please do feel free to contact me if this interests you or you can recommend somebody. Many thanks.

Mago Gabriel

Postby Mago Gabriel » April 28th, 2008, 4:48 am

Hi!
I'm Gabriel from San Marino Italy ,(www.festivalinternazionaledellamagia.com)last week i meet in wien the president of bulgarian magic union:
Mr Astor 29,Cherny blvd 1421 Sofia,Bulgaria
Tel+359 2 8661661,fax +359888711353 e-mail magicastor13@yahoo.com
www.magicastor.com

Return to “General”